RubyMine Satsuki EAP is Open!
The winter is living out its last days to give way to Spring, which will hopefully bring more sun, more joy, and more development pleasure with the next RubyMine major update!
Today we open our Early Access Program for RubyMine Satsuki. Our codenames traditionally stand for Japanese trees, and this time it’s a beautiful rhododendron. We’ve got a whole bouquet of goodies for you:
- Puppet plugin improvements — in this version we’ve further improved the Puppet plugin and added some fancy new features.
- Android support for RubyMotion apps — you can now create RubyMotion Android application in RubyMine and enjoy intelligent code completion and execution.
- Extracting class/module to a separate file — this long-awaited feature is finally ready to be used.
- Better CoffeeScript support — CoffeeScript support has been improved across the board.
- New Welcome Screen — we’ve redesigned the Welcome Screen to put all the key actions right at your fingertips.
- Distraction-free mode — no toolbars, no tool windows, no editor tabs… just code in the center of your screen.
- Synchronous HTML tag editing — as you edit an opening tag in HTML, the corresponding closing tag is edited automatically.
- Emmet edit points — new actions let you jump between points in your HTML code such as tags and empty attributes, to add values.
For more details and screenshots, please see the release notes.
RubyMine Satsuki is focused on polishing all the main features that make your everyday coding more productive. Next we’ll be improving code analysis and refactoring tools, as well as the debugger. Stay tuned to learn more about the upcoming releases. You can also take a look at the roadmap and share your thoughts and suggestions, by posting in the comments below or submitting new feature requests to our issue tracker. We want your feedback to make the next RubyMine version better than ever!
Please note that EAP builds do NOT require an active license and can be used for up to 30 days. To get notifications of new EAP builds as they become available, subscribe to the EAP channel in Preferences | Appearance & Behavior | System Settings | Updates.
You can download and install RubyMine Satsuki EAP (build 140.2694) right now. Unfortunately there are still a lot of open issues with JDK 1.8 on Mac OS, so this time we’ve prepared one more package with a custom JDK 1.8 bundled. Otherwise you will need to use JDK 1.6. Work on the custom JDK is in progress so your comments and feedback are very welcome.
Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains RubyMine Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
RubyMine 2023.3 EAP Update
Hello everyone! We’re back with an update on the state of the 2023.3 Early Access Program. You can download the latest EAP build from our website, via the free Toolbox App, or by using snaps for Ubuntu. Here are the biggest highlights of this release: Performance improvements As we me…
The RubyMine 2023.3 Early Access Program Is Open!
Hello everyone, The third RubyMine Early Access Program of 2023 is underway! The key change in the first EAP build is an important indexing optimization. By refactoring our code base, we’ve doubled RubyMine’s indexing speed compared to v2023.1. This is particularly noticeable when working…
Performance Improvements in RubyMine 2023.1
Hello everybody, The new release is fast approaching, so it’s time to unveil the performance enhancements you can expect from RubyMine 2023.1. Faster code completion When developing and supporting RubyMine, we analyze a great load of anonymized usage data. A lot of recent data pointed to the fact t…
RubyMine 2023.1 EAP5 Is Out!
Hello everyone, RubyMine 2023.1 EAP5 is now available! Below you can find the most notable features in this build. We encourage you to try them out and share your feedback in the comments or in our issue tracker. Migration of Ruby code to the Symbol API In order to improve code insight actions such…