RubyMine 2017.2.2 EAP has been released introducing a series of performance improvements and a number of bug-fixes.
The Hunt for Performance
This EAP contains the first part of major performance updates that will take full effect in v2017.3 (to be released in fall 2017).
For this EAP, we have fixed internal bugs affecting the speed of code completion, inspections, and the overall responsiveness of the IDE.
As a quick-and-dirty test we have analyzed Discourse and TracksApp, the two well known open source Rails apps, for existing errors and code smells with RubyMine (Code | Inspect Code), and compared it against the same analysis in the current stable v2017.2.1. The results varied across the team, but generally showed a 50%-100% increase in speed of code analysis when inspecting the whole project.
We encourage you to try and check the same for your applications and let us know how it works out. Note that the changes we made have most likely affected RubyMine in many ways, so please report any issues you face to our bug tracker, or contact our support team.
As usual, we’ve fixed a number of bugs in this update:
- Fixed a regression in Vagrant
- Other bug-fixes
Download this Early Access Program build from Confluence.
Your RubyMine team