RubyMine 2018.3 Released: Code Insight for Struct & Rails Scopes, new I18n & refactoring features
RubyMine 2018.3 (build 183.4284.145), the final major update this year, is now available! Learn about all the new features on the What’s new page, or watch this video for a brief summary:
About this release
In a nutshell, with the new version you can:
- Autocomplete and navigate Rails scopes
- Discover full support for Struct
- Create i18n translations on the go, and use other new i18n features
- Work with GitHub pull requests right in the IDE
- Extract parameters, inline methods, and variables more safely
- Fix code smells faster with new intention actions
- Enjoy the new cleaner Darcula color scheme
- Search faster with the new Search Everywhere dialog
While working on the new features for this release, we also created and updated a number of articles that show you how to work with tests, refactoring, and internationalization features:
- RubyMine Refactorings: Overview & Improvements
- I18n features in RubyMine
- Running Tests in RubyMine: Overview & Improvements
You can give the following article a read, if you want to learn about the most notable platform changes:
Finally, as we mentioned above, RubyMine 2018.3 comes with a new Darcula color scheme. We wrote a separate article that explains why we decided to rework it. The article will also show you how to rollback to the previous Darcula version:
Once again, please check out the What’s new page if you are looking for the best place to learn about the new features of RubyMine 2018.3.
See the release notes for the full list of improvements, and let us know if you face any issues.
Your RubyMine Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!