RubyMine 2019.1 EAP Is Open!
RubyMine 2019.1 EAP (build 191.4212.20) is now open! We’ve added support for Factory Bot, improved support for polymorphic associations and gems, fixed many issues with version managers, and there’s much more stuff to come from both the Ruby and the IntelliJ platform team.
As for the first EAP build, here’s the list of improvements that have been made:
Factory Bot [RUBY-23171]:
- Go to definition [RUBY-23228]
- Code completion [RUBY-23231] [RUBY-23232] [RUBY-23233]
- Supported factory aliases [RUBY-23306]
- Supported factory inheritance by nesting [RUBY-23400]
- Navigate between partial definitions with gutters [RUBY-23379]
- Added factories to the related files popup (aka Related Symbol) [RUBY-13000]
Note that support for Factory Bot is now being improved and polished, this will all be covered in detail later on the blog.
source_typeparams [RUBY-23148] [RUBY-23143]
- Fixed bugs [RUBY-23143] [RUBY-23145] [RUBY-23146]
Other important updates:
- Specify alternative gemfiles using
- Specify local gems path using
- Provide “File” as an option in new “Ruby Class” [RUBY-23030]
- I18n: support for default option [RUBY-22333]
- Improved support for query field methods in Rails models [RUBY-23044]
- Added missing folders to Rails Project View [RUBY-23034] [RUBY-23036] [RUBY-23067]
- Fixed Ruby version manager problems
- Many bug-fixes
Don’t hesitate to add any of your comments under this post or in the issues. We value them.
Your RubyMine Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
RubyMine 2023.3 EAP Update
Hello everyone! We’re back with an update on the state of the 2023.3 Early Access Program. You can download the latest EAP build from our website, via the free Toolbox App, or by using snaps for Ubuntu. Here are the biggest highlights of this release: Performance improvements As we me…
The RubyMine 2023.3 Early Access Program Is Open!
Hello everyone, The third RubyMine Early Access Program of 2023 is underway! The key change in the first EAP build is an important indexing optimization. By refactoring our code base, we’ve doubled RubyMine’s indexing speed compared to v2023.1. This is particularly noticeable when working…
Performance Improvements in RubyMine 2023.1
Hello everybody, The new release is fast approaching, so it’s time to unveil the performance enhancements you can expect from RubyMine 2023.1. Faster code completion When developing and supporting RubyMine, we analyze a great load of anonymized usage data. A lot of recent data pointed to the fact t…
RubyMine 2023.1 EAP5 Is Out!
Hello everyone, RubyMine 2023.1 EAP5 is now available! Below you can find the most notable features in this build. We encourage you to try them out and share your feedback in the comments or in our issue tracker. Migration of Ruby code to the Symbol API In order to improve code insight actions such…