Enjoy TypeScript in WebStorm
WebStorm has had TypeScript support for quite some time. As the language continues its evolution toward 1.0, we also continue to improve its support in WebStorm.
Here we’d like to make a brief overview of TypeScript support in WebStorm 7 and some updates related to the latest TypeScript 0.9.1, for example, code completion and inspections for Generics.
Watch the screencast to learn about these improvements, get productivity tips forTypeScript, and look through a list of the most useful shortcuts.
WebStorm provides powerful refactorings for TypeScript code, which are available in the main menu or via these shortcuts:
- Ctrl+Alt+V (Cmd+Alt+V on Mac) to introduce variable or constant.
- Shift+F6 – inplace rename variable, class, etc.
- Ctrl+Shift+M (Cmd+Shift+M on Mac) to extract method.
- Ctrl+Shift+P (Cmd+Shift+P on Mac) to extract parameter.
- Move file, copy.
Try the following actions for efficient code navigation:
- Ctrl+Click (Cmd+Click on Mac) on method, class or variable to navigate to its definition.
- Ctrl+N (Cmd+O on Mac) – Goto Class name.
- Ctrl+Alt+Shift+N (Cmd+Alt+O on Mac) – Goto symbol to navigate to methods or global functions/variables.
With Quick Definition action (Ctrl+Shift+I / Alt+Space), these two Goto actions become extremely powerful:
You can also read about TypeScript File Watcher configuration, Debugging TypeScript and basic editor features in our previous post about TypeScript in WebStorm.
Develop with pleasure!
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
WebStorm 2023.3 Release Candidate Is Here!
The WebStorm 2023.3 RC is now available! Read about some of the most exciting improvements making it into the release.
WebStorm 2023.3 EAP Digest #3: Angular, React, and Vue Improvements and More
Read our third 2023.3 EAP digest to learn about the latest changes in the upcoming release.
WebStorm 2023.3 EAP Digest #2: Improvements for Type Only Import, Angular, Svelte, and More
Read our second 2023.3 EAP digest to learn about the latest changes that will make it into the upcoming release.