WebStorm 9 Release Candidate out

WebStorm 9 Release Candidate (build 139.104) is out today with all the final fixes and improvements. We are counting down the days until the public release of WebStorm 9, and it’s very important for us to get your last feedback on the new features. If you find any bug at all, please file an issue in our tracker.

You can download WebStorm 9RC on the WebStorm website and also have a quick tour around the new features that have been added in WebStorm 9.

Please note that to use WebStorm 9RC you need to have an active license (or start a 30-day trial period). To see the list of the issues fixed in this build, please go to the release notes.

Develop with pleasure!
– JetBrains WebStorm Team

About Ekaterina Prigara

Ekaterina Prigara is WebStorm product marketing manager at JetBrains. She's passionate about new technologies, UX and coffee.
This entry was posted in Release Announcements. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to WebStorm 9 Release Candidate out

1. JohnC says:

Indexing of js-files generated from TypeScript now locks up the interface. It wasn’t like that in WebStorm 8. I have around 60 .ts files which creates 120 .js and .map files. The interface locks up for around 30 seconds on Core i5/Mac OS X 10.9.5 after transpiring.

2. JohnC says:

Sorry, I meant to say “transpiling” (thanks to autocorrection).

3. Victor Mejia says:

Wow, WebStorm just keeps getting better and better!

4. JohnC says:

Update: I have a project with mixed js/ts/css files. TypeScript File Watchers don’t run at all. The same project works fine with WebStorm 8, switching back.

5. James Messinger says:

I love the new “inline variables view” while debugging… but I hate the default font color for it. Is there any way to change it? I’ve tried everything I can think of in the “Colors & Fonts” settings, but can’t seem to find any way to change this style.

6. innocenat says:

Can I upgrade directly from RC to actual release?

7. Robert says:

Hi, what’s the actual time will WebStorm 9 been published?

8. Sergey says:

I’ve got “WebStorm EAP Build Expired” message when I launch WebStorm. It tells me to download new build from http://eap.jetbrains.com/webstorm/ but there is no version there and Release Candidate version here https://www.jetbrains.com/webstorm/nextversion/ is exactly same build I try to launch. How can I continue using WS 9? I have my own personal license key BTW.

9. Avi says:

Seems like a regression in the ability to change HTML tag colors
    Although I am unchecking the “inherit attributes from…” and changing the color
    it seems there is now effect on the tags – they stay bold and light bluish

Used to work well on webstorm 8