WebStorm 2016.1 Release Candidate 2

Ekaterina Prigara

Welcome the second release candidate build for WebStorm 2016.1!

We’re getting really close to the release day and we’re really looking forward to hearing your feedback about WebStorm 2016.1 on our issue tracker.

You can download WebStorm 2016.1 RC2 on the Preview next version page on our website. Update: Unfortunately, there’s no patch update from the previous RC build (145.256).

In this update we fixed a critical performance issue with indexing the node_modules folder.

– JetBrains WebStorm Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

11 Responses to WebStorm 2016.1 Release Candidate 2

1. Prashant says:

March 14, 2016

Doing a ‘Check for Updates’ in RC1 doesnt show RC2 as available…

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

March 15, 2016

Sorry for that. Something went wrong with the notification and patch update, we’re investigating: youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WEB-20780
      Please download WebStorm 2016.1 RC 2 from the website: https://www.jetbrains.com/webstorm/nextversion

2. Matt Revell says:

March 15, 2016

This isn’t working for me either…. should this post have gone out?

3. Mörre Noseshine says:

March 15, 2016

Is there no release notes/changes document?

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

March 15, 2016

We’re really close to the release, so not a lot of fixes, basically only some internal changes regarding the licensing and this one issue: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WEB-20651

• Mörre Noseshine says:

March 15, 2016

That is disappointing. I have filed quite a few bugs – all of them seem to be easy to fix, and some of them regressions, one of them happening only with the last EAP. As a developer I am well aware of the delicate balance between emphasis on new stuff and fixing old bug, especially on very hard problems that few people seem to deeply care about, but if this is the release than I think the balance has shifted a little too much. I have quite a few yellow inspection errors for things that are no errors, and as I said, one of those issues only appeared with the last EAP. Those are all issues I already filed.

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

March 15, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. Please send us a link to your issues.

• Mörre Noseshine says:

March 15, 2016

I’ll verify them again today or tomorrow, adding an update on each one.

One that’s really easy to fix is that “includes” on Array.prototype is missing. The definition just needs to be added to the stub file WS gets its ES6 definitions from. The ones involving destructuring are probably harder because solving them required being fully able to handle the (complicated) ES 2015 destructuring rules. But using “const” for the loop variables in a for-loop suddenly producing “const variable without initializer” inspction errors since the last EAP (I just checked, still present) is an annoying regression, and I also get numerous “variable being reused” warnings that I could not yet replicate with a simple test case (that too is a regression).

4. John T says:

March 20, 2016

Wow, this thing is hopelessly broken. Should I just start listing the bugs now or are you aware of/working on the countless problems?