WebStorm 2016.1.3 is now available

WebStorm 2016.1.3, a new bug fix update for WebStorm 2016.1, is now available!

This update brings Angular 2 RC compatibility (the IDE now understands variable declarations with let inside the structural directives such as *ngFor and provides proper auto imports with paths starting with @angular), support for the scoped npm packages, and improvements in the TypeScript support and integration with the build tools. You can find the full list of addressed issues in the release notes for the builds 145.1616 and 145.1503.

A patch-update from WebStorm 2016.1.2 and 2016.1.3 EAP should be available.

Your WebStorm Team

About Ekaterina Prigara

Ekaterina Prigara is WebStorm product marketing manager at JetBrains. She's passionate about new technologies, UX and coffee.
This entry was posted in Release Announcements and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to WebStorm 2016.1.3 is now available

1. PG says:

Hi…I’m still trying to figure out whether any of the 2016.1.x support basic JSPM (pretty key for angular2) so that the IDE doesn’t put red underlines everywhere. I’ve googled like crazy and poured over the Jetbrains documentation but it’s not clear. I even thought one of your engineers mentioned in one of these posts that there is (or will be?) some way to configure the IDE to see the JSPM libraries folder so that there are no red underlines. Love Webstorm but desperate for a fix here!

2. Dzmitry says:

Thx God :)
    When it well be available for IDEA?

3. Ihor says:

> improvements in the TypeScript support and integration with the build tools
    Could you please elaborate on this?

> You can find the full list of addressed issues in the Release notes.
    For TypeScript on release notes page only one bug fix listed: “Ws generates wrong code for constructor”

4. Mateusz says:

Hi,

I’ve just updated my Webstorm to v2016.1.3. Now it freezes on indexing everytime I launch it. The only way to exit is to kill it via task manager. My system is Windows 10.

Any ideas?

5. Liam Whan says:

Code inspections for Ng2 still seem a bit off is this a known issue?

For example:
    @Component({
    //…
    directives: [MyCustomComponent]
    })

or:

bootstrap(MyAppComponent);

Will cause compile time errors unless they are prefixed with an cast i.e.:
    bootstrap(MyAppComponent);

directives: [MyCustomComponent]

Is this a config or compiler problem?

6. Liam Whan says:

Last comment stripped out the cast from the bottom half due to angle braces was supposed to look like this:

directives: [\\MyCustomComponent]

7. Nguyen Bui says:

I have an Angular 1.5 application, after upgrading to WebStorm 2016.1 from 10.1 all my services’ instance methods inside the project are not recognized and marked as unresolved methods. I’ve found a tedious workaround by adding @memberOf JSDoc annotation to these instance methods but obviously it’s not ideal. It was working perfectly fine for me in WebStorm 10.1, did I miss something?

8. Sean says:

We are also expirence major slow down in performance in latest WebStorm with jspm and typescript, almost unusable build :(

9. Anton says:

Dear Ekaterina!

Hello again. Sorry for spam about IDEA-147640, but you promised to check it. Is somebody gonna fix it ever? I’m so persistent because suffer.

10. Stephane Janicaud says:

Thanks for the update. The ability to use remote node interpreter is damn great ! But npm and Gulp plugins settings don’t allow to choose a remote interpreter, it’s a shame. Will it be fixed anytime soon ? This way no need to install node, npm, gulp or karma on host. A simple vagrant file and everything rules !