WebStorm 2017.1.2 is now available

WebStorm 2017.1.2 is now available and brings over 40 fixes and improvement.

A patch update should be available soon for the users of WebStorm 2017.1.1 and 2017.1.2 RC. If you’re using an earlier version, give WebStorm 2017.1 and its new features a try and download it from our website for a free 30-day evaluation.

With WebStorm 2017.1.2 you can now use the new Jest integration to run and debug tests in the apps created with create-react-app. For that create a new Jest run/debug configuration, specify the path to the react-scripts package instead of Jest and add --env=jsdom option:

jest-run

You can see a full list of addressed issues in the Release notes.

WebStorm Team

About Ekaterina Prigara

Ekaterina Prigara is WebStorm product marketing manager at JetBrains. She's passionate about new technologies, UX and coffee.
This entry was posted in Release Announcements and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to WebStorm 2017.1.2 is now available

1. Ivan says:

the best ide for front-end ever!!! thanks for your work

2. Danny says:

Is it possible to launch react code with jsx from webstorm into a webpage now or do I need to use webpack to compile the react / jsx code written in webstorm and launch it that way?

3. Ashutosh says:

Can you make a version for including angular 4 updates

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

Sorry, I’m not sure I understand your request. Do you want to generate Angular 4 projects from the Welcome screen? It’s possible now, just make sure you have the latest version of Angular CLI installed.

4. Nicolas says:

I am creating an Ionic project and the IDE is terribly slow today I run out of memory and my laptop has 16GB. It used to be fast with just javascript ptojects, but if you use typescript this IDE is just becoming unusable (its always indexing cant even edit the code). Hope this update fixes the obvious memory leaks.

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

Thank you for your comment. Can you please make sure that www folder is excluded from the project (right-click on it in the project view and select Mark as excluded). Ionic updates the compiled files in this folder causing the IDE to re-index them.
      We are going to add automatic exclude for in for new Ionic projects in the next WebStorm update.

5. Joseph says:

Since I installed 2017.2. everything is magnified (Text and the rest of the UI) which is annoying to say the least.
    I think the reason is that I work on my laptop with external screens but I couldn’t say for sure.
    I couldn’t find any settings related to this.

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

Can you please try to set the font to default in Settings | Appearance & Behavior | Appearance – uncheck Override default font, if it’s checked.
      If it doesn’t help, please add -Dsun.java2d.uiScale.enabled=false to VM options using menu Help – Edit custom VM options.
      Starting with version 2017.2 WebStorm supports per-display-DPI mode on Windows, but it seems that something went wrong… Have you dragged WebStorm window from one screen to another?

6. Ismael Bejarano says:

I’m on webstorm 2017.1.1 and I’m unable to update to 2017.1.2, it offers me to download 2017.1.3-2017.1.4 & 2017.2.*.

Is there something that can be done? or I’ve to reinstall a more recent version. Just in case I’m on Ubuntu 16.04.

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

Sorry, but we don’t keep the older bug-fix updates available once the next two bug-fix updates are published. We recommend you to install WebStorm 2017.1.4 if you want to keep using version 2017.1 or to install the latest WebStorm version which is WebStorm 2017.2.2 now.
      Switching to WebStorm 2017.1.4 won’t affect your WebStorm settings. And when switching to WebStorm 2017.2.2, you’ll be offered to import the old settings.