WebStorm 2017.1.4 is now available

Posted on by Ekaterina Prigara

WebStorm 2017.1.4 is now available for download!

You can find the full list of addressed issues in the Release notes for this update.

If you’re using WebStorm 2017.1.3, a patch update will be available later today. If you’re using an earlier version, you can download WebStorm 2017.1.4 from our website or using Toolbox App.

WebStorm Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

9 Responses to WebStorm 2017.1.4 is now available

1. sj says:

June 11, 2017

I’m not sure if it was this release or the one before it (I fell behind with updates) but specifying a single tab in settings no longer works. At least for me.
    What I mean by this is that if you set “Editor -> General -> Editor Tabs -> Tab Closing Policy -> Tab Limit: 1” it will in fact keep 2 tabs open in your editor instead of 1.
    This has worked previously without any issues.
    The option is most usefull to those of us who like to keep things as simple as possible for navigation when combined with recent files and editor split commands.
    Can you provide any info regarding this?
    Thank you in advance.

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

June 12, 2017

Thanks for the feedback.
      This problem only appeared in WebStorm 2017.1.4 and we’re now working on a fix. Please follow this issue to be notified when it’s fixed: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-173369
      Sorry for the inconvenience.

2. Mihail says:

July 6, 2017

Will Webstorm 2017.1.4 be able to run on JDK 7? I am receiving messages that it will not be able to run on JDK 1.7 and a version of JDK 1.8 or higher is needed but I have JDK 7.

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

July 6, 2017

Any reason why you don’t want to use a bundled JDK?

• Mihail says:

July 7, 2017

First of all, I didn’t know that there was a bundled JDK. But without JDK7 installed manually, it gives me an error saying please install a 32-bit JDK. I cannot use JDK8 because Windows XP, which I am using, is not supported anymore. For now, I am using Webstorm 2016.3.6 and there are no problems with JDK.

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

July 7, 2017

Can you please share the screenshot of the WebStorm 2016.3 About screen? Thank you!

3. Mihail says:

July 8, 2017

Since I couldn’t put an image here, i copied everything from the about screen. It is below:

WebStorm 2016.3.6
    Build #WS-163.15188.15, built on April 12, 2017
    Licensed to WebStorm Evaluator
    Expiration date: August 3, 2017
    JRE: 1.8.0_112-release-408-b6 x86
    JVM: OpenJDK Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

July 10, 2017

Thank you! That helps.
      Can you please try one of the following:
      – start webstorm64.exe instead of webstorm.exe. By default WebStorm 2017.1 bundles only 64bit JDK. That’s why if you’re launching webstorm.exe which is a 32 bit version, it can’t find the right JDK to use. Unfortunately, I’m now sure it will work on Windows XP
      – reinstall WebStorm 2017.1: in the installation wizard you will see a checkbox suggesting to install a 32bit JDK – please check it. After that you’ll be able to use WebStorm 2017.1 with the JetBrains 32bit JDK.
      Thank you!

• Mihail says:

July 10, 2017

It is working now!!! One more question: how do I put spaces around the “=” in HTML and before empty tags? I have found such in settings (File<Settings<Editor<Code Style<HTML<Around the "=" in attribute) but it only works when I expand it with Emmet.