WebStorm 2020.3.1 Is Available With Support for Apple Silicon
Today we are releasing WebStorm 2020.3.1, the first bug-fix update for WebStorm 2020.3.
Today we are also releasing WebStorm for Macs with the new Apple M1 chip. WebStorm now runs natively on Apple Silicon and it’s very fast! We hope you’ll like it.
To use it, you need to download a separate installer for WebStorm for Apple Silicon on our website or in the Toolbox App (under the Apple M1 section). Please note that the previously installed WebStorm version running via Rosetta 2 will not update itself to a native build – you have to install a new native version.
Here are the most notable fixes available in v2020.3.1:
- For Tailwind, we’ve added support for more use cases:
- We’ve improved support for components in the Nuxt projects (WEB-46418).
- Fixed performance issue with the rendered editor docs (WEB-48462).
- Paths in the ESLint report in the npm tool window are now clickable (WEB-38060).
- Comments from the GitHub PRs are no longer shown twice in files (IDEA-244965).
- Fixed the problem with checking out a GitHub project using the JetBrains Toolbox browser extension (IDEA-253829).
There are two known issues on Macs with Apple Silicon which we hope to address in the next update:
- Markdown preview doesn’t work (IDEA-257564);
See you in 2021! Stay safe, healthy, and productive!
The WebStorm team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
WebStorm 2023.3: Improvements for Angular, Vue, and Svelte, AI Assistant, New Testing Functionality, and More
WebStorm 2023.3, the third major update of the year, is out! Update to the latest release today.