We are excited to announce the start of the Early Access Preview program for WebStorm 2018.2. Its official release is planned for the end of July.
Toolbox App is the easiest way to get the EAP builds. You can also get notifications right in the IDE when a new EAP build is available: just select “Automatically check updates for Early Access Program” in Preferences | Appearance & Behavior | System Settings | Updates.
If you’re not yet familiar with our Early Access Programs, here are some details:
- Every week we publish a fresh build for the upcoming version of WebStorm.
- EAP builds provide access to the newest features we’re currently developing.
- EAP builds are free to use but expire within 30 days of the build date.
- You can install an EAP build side-by-side with a stable WebStorm version.
- Your feedback is very welcome in our issue tracker: youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/WEB. Please don’t forget to mention the build number you’re using.
Important! WebStorm EAP builds are not fully tested and may be unstable.
The first EAP build, which is available today (182.2371.25), has over 230 of fixes and improvements that the WebStorm team has implemented since the last major release in March. It also includes dozens of changes from IntelliJ Platform, including a BIG icon update, lots of improvements in version control, and support for MacBook Touch Bar.
Here are some of the highlights of WebStorm 2018.1 EAP #1.
React code snippets
WebStorm now has a collection of code snippets for React. It has over 50 abbreviations that expand into different statements and blocks of code often used in React apps. The collection was adapted from the popular plugin for VS Code.
Type the abbreviation in the editor and then press Tab to expand it. Or press Cmd/Ctrl-J (Insert Live Template) and select the snippet from the list. All abbreviations are also available in the completion popup.
Here we use the abbreviation
rcjc to create a class that defines a new React component:
You can find the full list of available templates in Preferences | Editor | Live Templates – React. Continue reading