JetBrains Launches ReSharper Early Access Program for all Visual Studio .NET 2003 Users
JetBrains ReSharper plug-in enables intelligent C# code editing and powerful coding assistance to Visual Studio like those provided in Java by IntelliJ IDEA
June 01, 2004
Prague, Czech Republic, June 1, 2004 – JetBrains™, Inc., creators of intelligent application development tools, today announced it has launched its Early Access Program (EAP) for JetBrains ReSharper™, the company’s powerful add-in tool for developers using Visual Studio.NET 2003. The ReSharper integrated plug-in enhances Visual Studio with powerful, intelligent C# code editing assistance and many of the same types of robust productivity enhancements they have come to rely on in the company’s flagship IntelliJ IDEA IDE, now in version 4.0.
Strong, positive comments by initial trial users have already spread through the Internet’s C# developer community newsgroups. Now JetBrains is expanding the EAP to invite C# developers everywhere to download the latest preview version. ReSharper makes its power available within Visual Studio VS.NET 2003 with a convenient, integrated ReSharper menu, without significant slowdown of Visual Studio. ReSharper is available for download at https://www.jetbrains.com/resharper.
“Our early trial users have given us consistently great reports on ReSharper because it provides many of the same types of productivity enhancements in C# that IntelliJ IDEA provides in Java,” said Eugene Belyaev, president and chief technology officer at JetBrains. “By expanding the Early Adopter Program beyond our intellij.net online developer community, we now invite developers worldwide to help us make ReSharper an unmatched C# productivity tool in the Visual Studio environment.”
Key ReSharper features include:
- Tight integration with Visual Studio – no need to switch to outside application
- Greatly enhanced navigation, with powerful capabilities such as the ability to jump from a method to its declaration or from a method in a base class or interface to its implementation and back
- Convenient shortcuts to open a class or file by typing a partial name
- Powerful, intelligent code completion with such innovations as Smart Type Completion and multiple choices for variable naming, depending upon type
- Live Templates for context-based value substitution and automatic expansion of code
- Enhanced highlighting of fields, local variables, classes and more, plus error highlighting
- Refactoring support, now growing to include such key types as “Rename,” “Change Method Signature,” “Introduce Variable” and “Extract Method”
Known for its consistent focus on increasing the productivity of developers, JetBrains continues to set the IDE technology standard with JetBrains ReSharper. For more information about JetBrains, visit https://www.jetbrains.com
About JetBrains, Inc.
JetBrains, Inc. is a technology-leading software development firm specializing in the creation of intelligent development tools. The company is widely known for its innovative, multiple award-winning Java integrated development environment, IntelliJ IDEA (see details on the Web at https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/). JetBrains, Inc. maintains its headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, with R&D labs located in St. Petersburg, Russia and Boston, Massachusetts and sales offices in San Mateo, California and Medford, New Jersey. For more information, see https://www.jetbrains.com.
JetBrains, IntelliJ IDEA and ReSharper are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains, Inc. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.