PhpStorm 6 Gives You More Tools to Develop Smarter, Not Harder
JetBrains upgrades its professional PHP IDE to enhance developer productivity with a mix of powerful tools like Composer, REST client, code rearranger, re-worked HTML structure view, and promoting other best practices for PHP developmentMarch 12, 2013
Prague, Czech Republic, March 12, 2013 — JetBrains, the creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing tools for software developers, have announced the general availability of PhpStorm 6, the new major release of their advanced PHP IDE.
With this release, JetBrains invites all PHP developers to redefine their productivity and adopt the best technologies available today to quickly produce neat and well-tested code. It provides more code inspections, smarter code completion, better runtime error prevention, new automated refactorings, code (re)arranger, re-worked HTML structure view, smarter namespace handling, and other code-centric enhancements. It also allows for more routine tasks to be performed right from the IDE, such as working with the database, managing dependencies with Composer, and testing RESTful web services with built-in REST client.
“Once your project outgrows the ‘quick hacking’ phase, it all boils down to the cost of making changes while maintaining code quality. That’s why it’s important to develop smarter, not harder—with good frameworks, best practices and smart IDEs,” — said Alexey Gopachenko, PhpStorm project lead. “We do our best to make sure PhpStorm is up to the task. Whether you’re an experienced developer or new to PHP, version 6 has what it takes to help you be more productive at both server-side and front-end web development.”
The key features of PhpStorm 6 include:
- New refactorings: Change Signature, Pull Up/Push Down class members, and Move Class
- Composer dependency manager for PHP support
- Smarter namespace handling – Auto-import, Optimize Imports and more
- Code (re)arranger – control the structure of your existing and generated code
- Fully customisable templates, including PHPDoc
- More code inspections, smarter code completion, and better runtime error prevention
- New database schema editor and change tracking tools
- Fresh IDE look and feel, with Retina-ready icons and Darcula, a new native dark UI theme for the IDE and the editor
PhpStorm 6 also provides a brand new web toolkit:
- File Watchers – for easy Sass, LESS, SCSS, CoffeeScript, TypeScript transpilation
- Full-featured debugging of TypeScript, Dart or CoffeeScript with source maps
- Refined handling of JS libraries, including minified versions detection
- REST Client to test RESTful web services right from the IDE
- Re-worked HTML structure view with support for HTML5
- Emmet abbreviations support for faster HTML & CSS coding
To learn more about JetBrains PhpStorm and to download a free 30-day evaluation version, please visit the official PhpStorm website at www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm.
Separate personal and commercial licenses are available for PhpStorm, both affordably priced and both including free major and minor IDE updates within one year of the purchase date. To learn more please check www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/buy.
* * *
Note to Editors: JetBrains, IntelliJ, IntelliJ IDEA, ReSharper, PhpStorm, WebStorm and YouTrack are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains, s.r.o. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.