PhpStorm 6 Gives You More Tools to Develop Smarter, Not Harder
JetBrains upgrades its professional PHP IDE to enhance developer productivity with a mix of powerful tools like Composer, REST client, code rearranger, re-worked HTML structure view, and promoting other best practices for PHP developmentMarch 12, 2013
Prague, Czech Republic, March 12, 2013 — JetBrains, the creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing tools for software developers, have announced the general availability of PhpStorm 6, the new major release of their advanced PHP IDE.
With this release, JetBrains invites all PHP developers to redefine their productivity and adopt the best technologies available today to quickly produce neat and well-tested code. It provides more code inspections, smarter code completion, better runtime error prevention, new automated refactorings, code (re)arranger, re-worked HTML structure view, smarter namespace handling, and other code-centric enhancements. It also allows for more routine tasks to be performed right from the IDE, such as working with the database, managing dependencies with Composer, and testing RESTful web services with built-in REST client.
“Once your project outgrows the ‘quick hacking’ phase, it all boils down to the cost of making changes while maintaining code quality. That’s why it’s important to develop smarter, not harder—with good frameworks, best practices and smart IDEs,” — said Alexey Gopachenko, PhpStorm project lead. “We do our best to make sure PhpStorm is up to the task. Whether you’re an experienced developer or new to PHP, version 6 has what it takes to help you be more productive at both server-side and front-end web development.”
The key features of PhpStorm 6 include:
- New refactorings: Change Signature, Pull Up/Push Down class members, and Move Class
- Composer dependency manager for PHP support
- Smarter namespace handling – Auto-import, Optimize Imports and more
- Code (re)arranger – control the structure of your existing and generated code
- Fully customisable templates, including PHPDoc
- More code inspections, smarter code completion, and better runtime error prevention
- New database schema editor and change tracking tools
- Fresh IDE look and feel, with Retina-ready icons and Darcula, a new native dark UI theme for the IDE and the editor
PhpStorm 6 also provides a brand new web toolkit:
- File Watchers – for easy Sass, LESS, SCSS, CoffeeScript, TypeScript transpilation
- Full-featured debugging of TypeScript, Dart or CoffeeScript with source maps
- Refined handling of JS libraries, including minified versions detection
- REST Client to test RESTful web services right from the IDE
- Re-worked HTML structure view with support for HTML5
- Emmet abbreviations support for faster HTML & CSS coding
To learn more about JetBrains PhpStorm and to download a free 30-day evaluation version, please visit the official PhpStorm website at www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm.
Separate personal and commercial licenses are available for PhpStorm, both affordably priced and both including free major and minor IDE updates within one year of the purchase date. To learn more please check www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/buy.
* * *
Note to Editors: JetBrains, IntelliJ, IntelliJ IDEA, ReSharper, PhpStorm, WebStorm and YouTrack are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains, s.r.o. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
AI Assistant Update – August 2023
AI Assistant is a major new feature of the JetBrains IDE family in the 2023.2 release, offering integration of large language models into the IDE development workflow. The AI Assistant plugin is not bundled with the IDEs and needs to be installed separately from JetBrains Marketplace. One of the pri…
Your Go-To JetBrains Coding Tools Are Ready to Be Updated to 2023.2
We’ve now released the second update of the year for our family of IDEs, including IntelliJ IDEA, WebStorm, PyCharm, DataGrip, GoLand, DataSpell, and other tools included in your All Products Pack subscription. Check out the summaries below and dive deeper to learn more about the products you’re mos…
Remote Development with Coder and JetBrains Gateway
We are pleased to announce that we have joined forces with Coder to provide integration between Coder’s self-hosted cloud development platform and JetBrains Gateway, our remote development solution.
Redocly Brings Enhanced OpenAPI Experience to JetBrains IDEs
Starting from IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2, we have joined forces with Redocly Inc., one of the industry leaders in API documentation solutions. Using Redocly technologies in IntelliJ IDEA, GoLand, PyCharm, PhpStorm, Rider, and WebStorm will help you create clean and functional API docs from which you can r…