No doubt you have already heard the Google’s announcement on Android Studio, the new official IDE from Google for Android developers, built in cooperation with JetBrains on top of IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition and IntelliJ Platform. As you may know many of JetBrains’ IDEs are based on IntelliJ Platform, including IntelliJ IDEA, PhpStorm, PyCharm, RubyMine, WebStorm and AppCode. Since its launch in 2009 IntelliJ Platform has become a superior tool for building IDEs with the best out-of-the-box experience possible. The tons of productivity enhancements built-in into the platform, leading code analysis engine and excellent user interface made the IntelliJ-based products stand out among the competition.
Of course we would like to see more tools built on top of IntelliJ Platform by other companies and developers for their languages, frameworks and technologies. That’s why we invite you to join us Tuesday July 30th at 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM GMT for a free webinar: How to Build Developer Tools on Top of IntelliJ Platform, with Dmitry Jemerov.
At this webinar we will tell you more about the platform and how you can use it for building your own tools and will answer your technical questions.
The webinar will cover the following questions:
- What is IntelliJ Platform?
- Who is it suited for?
- Why is it better than Eclipse and Netbeans platforms?
- How is it different from IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition?
- Is it possible to build a commercial product based on IntelliJ Platform?
- Plugins for IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition vs products based on IntelliJ Platform.
- What steps must be taken to create a product based on IntelliJ Platform?
- How you can contribute to IntelliJ Platform?
We are eager to see not only the people who consider making their own IDEs with IntelliJ Platform, but plugin developers too. Space is limited so please register early. There will be an opportunity to ask questions during webinar. The recording will be available within a week after webinar airs.