Webinar Recording: How to Build Developer Tools on Top of IntelliJ Platform
The recording of our July 30th webinar with Dmitry Jemerov and Andrey Cheptsov, How to Build Developer Tools on Top of IntelliJ Platform, is now available on JetBrains YouTube Channel and JetBrains.TV. The slides are available here.
In this webinar, Dmitry provides a technical and practical overview of the IntelliJ Platform and explains how you can use it for building your own tools.
About this webinar:
Since the launch of the IntelliJ Platform in 2009, it has become a superior tool for building IDEs with the best possible out-of-the-box experience. The large number of productivity enhancements built into the platform, leading code analysis engine and excellent user interface all helped to make IntelliJ-based products stand out among the competition.
This webinar answers the following questions:
- What is IntelliJ Platform?
- Who is it suited for?
- Why is it better than Eclipse and NetBeans platforms?
- How is it different from IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition?
- Is it possible to build a commercial product based on IntelliJ Platform?
- When is it better to write a plugin for IntelliJ IDEA versus building on the IntelliJ Platform?
- What steps must be taken to create a product based on IntelliJ Platform?
- How you can contribute to IntelliJ Platform?