Educational Products by JetBrains

Back in 2015, when we announced JetBrains’ new brand, we were talking about the drive that identified us as a company and as developers, and united us with our users. We were talking not only about the drive to develop but also about the drive to face new challenges and to make a dent in this world.

Today we’re taking another step to prove our beliefs. Please welcome the free and open source Educational Products by JetBrains.

EduProducts_blog_800x320

Everything started in 2014 with PyCharm Educational Edition, the free and open source tool for Python teachers and students. Today we have two more programming languages we support: Kotlin and Java, with more to come.

As a learner, you can practice programming right inside your IDE and get instant feedback:

edu_products_learner

Read more about learning on our website

As an educator, you can create your learning materials and augment them with programming practice assignments and integrated tests:

edu_products_educator

Read more about teaching on our website

We have so many ideas for how to make learning and teaching programming more practice-oriented, challenging, and engaging for anyone, no matter what background or goals they have. If you are passionate about learning or sharing your knowledge, if you feel education is a field everyone should be allowed to play on, we are excited to get your feedback and discuss your ideas. Give it a try and leave a comment here or find us on Twitter.

Download

Educational Products Team

This entry was posted in Education, Learning Courses, News. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Educational Products by JetBrains

1. Henry says:

This looks awesome! Though I’m guessing I’m not going to see a CLion C/C++ one anytime soon.

• Tatiana Vasilyeva says:

Thanks, Henry! We’re considering to support more IDEs and programming languages. But you’re right, it is more on a discussion than implementation stage at the moment.

2. Mehmet Ali SICAK says:

Thanks

3. Ilya Rogov says:

This looks awesome!

+1 PHP
    +1 JS

4. Abhishek Vaid says:

For python and java there are free tools in abundance. You should try and create IDEs available for Ruby, C++ and JavaScript.

• Tatiana Vasilyeva says:

Python and Java are here to start with. We hope to have more IDEs and languages supported in the future. I’m just curious, what free tools for python and java are you using? What do you like about them?

5. Thor says:

Got to hand it to you guys and gals at JetBrains – you never stop surprising :)

I’ve known and used your products since I was in school doing my B.Sc. and you have been in all totally awesome (I’m still semi-effective in repressing memories of IntelliJ/IDEA 8 😉 ) resulting in IntelliJ/IDEA being my tool of choice when I did my M.Sc. project.

Today’s Toolbox is nothing short of awesome, and these educational versions are just the thing to point newcomers to :)

Cheers! Skál! Prost! 干杯!乾杯!Skål! :)

6. Diego says:

It looks great! I am developing a little course with EduTools using test, and I was wondering how is it possible to have questions, like [here](https://www.jetbrains.com/education/img/java_intro_4.png).

It seems to be missing on the [start guide](https://www.jetbrains.com/help/education/educator-start-guide.html).