Educational Products by JetBrains

Posted on by Tatiana Vasilyeva

Back in 2015, when we announced JetBrains’ new brand, we were talking about the drive that identified us as a company and as developers, and united us with our users. We were talking not only about the drive to develop but also about the drive to face new challenges and to make a dent in this world.

Today we’re taking another step to prove our beliefs. Please welcome the free and open source Educational Products by JetBrains.

EduProducts_blog_800x320

Everything started in 2014 with PyCharm Educational Edition, the free and open source tool for Python teachers and students. Today we have two more programming languages we support: Kotlin and Java, with more to come.

As a learner, you can practice programming right inside your IDE and get instant feedback:

edu_products_learner

Read more about learning on our website

As an educator, you can create your learning materials and augment them with programming practice assignments and integrated tests:

edu_products_educator

Read more about teaching on our website

We have so many ideas for how to make learning and teaching programming more practice-oriented, challenging, and engaging for anyone, no matter what background or goals they have. If you are passionate about learning or sharing your knowledge, if you feel education is a field everyone should be allowed to play on, we are excited to get your feedback and discuss your ideas. Give it a try and leave a comment here or find us on Twitter.

Download

Educational Products Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

37 Responses to Educational Products by JetBrains

1. Henry says:

April 5, 2018

This looks awesome! Though I’m guessing I’m not going to see a CLion C/C++ one anytime soon.

• Tatiana Vasilyeva says:

April 10, 2018

Thanks, Henry! We’re considering to support more IDEs and programming languages. But you’re right, it is more on a discussion than implementation stage at the moment.

2. Mehmet Ali SICAK says:

April 6, 2018

Thanks

• Tatiana Vasilyeva says:

April 10, 2018

I hope you’ll enjoy it!

3. Ilya Rogov says:

April 6, 2018

This looks awesome!

+1 PHP
    +1 JS

• Tatiana Vasilyeva says:

April 10, 2018

Thanks, Ilya! I counted your votes.

4. Abhishek Vaid says:

April 8, 2018

For python and java there are free tools in abundance. You should try and create IDEs available for Ruby, C++ and JavaScript.

• Tatiana Vasilyeva says:

April 10, 2018

Python and Java are here to start with. We hope to have more IDEs and languages supported in the future. I’m just curious, what free tools for python and java are you using? What do you like about them?

5. Thor says:

April 9, 2018

Got to hand it to you guys and gals at JetBrains – you never stop surprising 🙂

I’ve known and used your products since I was in school doing my B.Sc. and you have been in all totally awesome (I’m still semi-effective in repressing memories of IntelliJ/IDEA 8 😉 ) resulting in IntelliJ/IDEA being my tool of choice when I did my M.Sc. project.

Today’s Toolbox is nothing short of awesome, and these educational versions are just the thing to point newcomers to 🙂

Cheers! Skál! Prost! 干杯!乾杯!Skål! 🙂

• Tatiana Vasilyeva says:

April 10, 2018

Thank you for your kind words and support, Thor! We appreciate it.

6. Diego says:

April 10, 2018

It looks great! I am developing a little course with EduTools using test, and I was wondering how is it possible to have questions, like [here](https://www.jetbrains.com/education/img/java_intro_4.png).

It seems to be missing on the [start guide](https://www.jetbrains.com/help/education/educator-start-guide.html).

• Tatiana Vasilyeva says:

April 23, 2018

Hi Diego! Sorry for not answering for a while. You can create that kind of tasks via Stepik only (https://stepik.org/lesson/9171/step/1?unit=1716). Then your learners will be able to solve quizzes inside IDE as well. We’re working on the new tutorial that will cover integration with Stepik, and I will add a link to start guide as soon as it is ready. Thanks! So far, If you have questions about Stepik integration, please feel free to mail me tatiana.vasilyeva@jetbrains.com, and I will try to help.

7. Bradford Swift says:

May 6, 2018

Would be great to learn on this, but I keep putting my email in for a license and it never sends me a link or any kind of reply. Emailed sales as well….. crickets.

• Eugene Toporov says:

May 7, 2018

Hi Bradford!
      I see a student pack activated for your account. So, I presume this has been resolved, right?
      Please let me know.

Eugene

• Bradford Swift says:

May 7, 2018

No, I haven’t gotten any of the emails at all for setting up my account. I just tried again and it always says that it sent me something but nothing ever arrives. I’ve tried having someone else email me and the account works just fine and nothing is in the spam folder. Pretty odd. Maybe if you fwd’d me the welcome email? Don’t know why the automated system is bouncing off but I guess its on the side of my school’s email server then.

• Eugene Toporov says:

May 9, 2018

I have forwarded you the email. Hope you receive it.

8. Brandon Steven says:

June 6, 2018

Students are becoming empowered to take control of their own education.Thank you so much for this information. I always looking for education posts, Typical Student also a great platform for getting some knowledge about Education.

9. Geller Ross says:

July 5, 2018

This is awesome for educational products. Do you think Edx is good for students?

• Tatiana Vasilyeva says:

July 5, 2018

Hi! I think any of the options that can extend the learning experience are good for students.

10. William Hook says:

August 28, 2018

Today’s generation is almost depend on online learning system. They wants more new learning tools for programming or another study purposes. I would like to recommend your learning tools to my friends and colleagues because you guys always come with surprising and advanced technology.

• Ilnur says:

December 19, 2019

Hello William! Thank you for sharing your experience of using our product.
      Follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our blog to stay informed about our news.

11. Unwana Akpan says:

September 7, 2018

Is it only for programmers, what about people that don’t know how to use it, is there any course by the group on how to use the tools you are offering?

• Ilnur says:

December 19, 2019

Hello Unwana! Our product is intended to assist people who want to learn programming languages and have no experience at all. We have a detailed Learner Start Guide that explains how to use our tools: https://www.jetbrains.com/help/education/learner-start-guide.html.

I certainly hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

12. Andrew Ross says:

December 16, 2019

I had used Jetbrain products and it is really helpful, though it is quite helpful for programmer, but indeed it can be much better in upcoming year.

• Ilnur says:

December 19, 2019

Hi Andrew! We, in JetBrains, are doing our best to provide our users with the most advanced products. Follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our blog to stay informed about our news.

13. Rajesh Khanna says:

January 9, 2020

Jetbrain products are more usefull for learning, Can also share more other products which can be used for python developers

14. Manoj says:

January 26, 2020

Would you suggest the app for learning basic programming languages? Or can you suggest any apps that can be programmed and execute the code in the app? Please must share the name of those apps.

15. Isaac says:

March 8, 2020

I like how it makes things really easy for beginners like me.

Truly an engaging experience into the world of coding.

Thank you for the wonder product.

• Ilnur says:

March 12, 2020

Hello Isaac, thank you for your warm words.
      If you’d like to stay informed about our latest news and developments, follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our blog.

16. Emily James says:

March 12, 2020

Hey, thanks for this tool. My nephew is using this and he is very happy. Every parents must find these kind of online educational tools for their child’s better education.
    Also, I would like to suggest this tool to every parent.

• Ilnur says:

March 12, 2020

Hi Emily,
      Thank you for sharing your experience of using our tools.
      We are really happy to know that you are satisfied with the product.

17. Manoj says:

March 18, 2020

We can learn programming languages in the form of coding tasks and get instant feedback right inside of IDEs based on the JetBrains IntelliJ Platform. Educational Products support Java, Kotlin, Python, Scala, JavaScript, Rust, C++. Right?

• Ilnur says:

April 2, 2020

Hi Manoj,
      On top of that, we also support Go.

18. Desklib says:

March 20, 2020

That’s such a nice information and thanks for sharing this tool I used it and totally satisfied i was totally unaware of this tool once again thanks.

• Ilnur says:

April 2, 2020

Hello,
      Thank you for your feedback.
      We would recommend checking out [JetBrains Academy](https://hi.hyperskill.org/), a platform where you can learn to create working applications.

19. Dennis Imerson says:

April 2, 2020

Thanks for the wonderful article! I believe most parents must find these kind of online educational tools to be very helpful in this period of time.

• Ilnur says:

April 2, 2020

Hello Dennis,
      Thank you for sharing your experience of using our tools.
      We would also recommend checking out [JetBrains Academy](https://hi.hyperskill.org/), a platform where you can learn to create working applications.