Riding the latest release wave, please welcome Educational Products 2019.1! Upgrade your IDEs for Education, enjoy the EduTools plugin v2.5, support for new languages, and much more.
IDEs for Education
JetBrains offers two IDEs for an immersive learning experience: PyCharm Educational Edition and IntelliJ IDEA Community Educational with a bundled EduTools plugin. Both IDEs have just hit 2019.1, combining the best of major IDE releases with the latest EduTools plugin version.
- Updated Expected/Actual output info in the Task description for output-based tasks: now learners can not only see the log error message but also compare the results of their solutions with the sample output after they hit the Check button.
- Improved highlighting for code snippets in the Task description panel.
- A new notification suggests logging in to Stepik for remote courses.
In PyCharm Edu 2019.1, we’ve also upgraded CheckiO support. Read more about CheckiO integration here.
IntelliJ IDEA Edu 2019.1 supports language levels for Java & Kotlin and improves its integration with Hyperskill projects as part of the JetBrains Academy experience.
The latest EduTools plugin upgrade is here to give you:
- Improved Expected/Actual output in task description for Gradle-based courses and output-based tasks.
- Improved template for default Java tasks and an option to promote sections for large courses in Educator mode.
- A brand new plugin icon.
To update your plugin, choose Help | Check for Updates (for Windows or *NIX) or [Your IDE] | Check for Updates (for macOS) on the main menu.
Your Educational Tools team