Toolbox App 1.16 Is Out. Open Files from GitHub, GitLab, and Bitbucket in Your IDE with One Click
TLDR; the JetBrains Toolbox extension now can open a line of code you have selected in your IDE in GitHub, GitLab, and Bitbucket. There are new progress bars in the Toolbox App UI, and several bug fixes too.
At JetBrains, we believe that programming should not be just a job, but a pleasure, a hobby, and a creative outlet. That’s why with this release our team has rebuilt the JetBrains Toolbox extension from the ground up. Now you can easily open your Git repositories in your favorite IDE and navigate from GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket files, or selected lines of code to the JetBrains IDE that fits best. This nice new integration will save you valuable time.
GitHub, GitLab, and Bitbucket Integration
Download the Chrome and Firefox extensions, and you’ll see just how simple and useful they are. Previously, these extensions were only able to clone and open your Git repositories in your favorite tool. Now they allow you to also open the selected file in your IDE. And what’s more – available from 2019.3 EAP versions of all IDEs – you can navigate to the line of code you have selected from the Git repository service to your IDE with just one click!
We’ll demonstrate briefly how the JetBrains extension functions work in the screenshots below:
- Clone and open your GitHub, GitLab, or Bitbucket repositories in the IDE right from your browser. In the Git project, just click on the icon of the IDE which is the best fit for the project, and open the project there with ease.
- Open previously checked out project files in your IDE of choice by clicking the tool icon on the action panel
- Navigate to a line of highlighted code of a previously cloned project in your IDE, by clicking on the JetBrains tool icon located on the file action panel.In GitHub, you can also navigate to the selected line of code right from the line context menu:
Updated Toolbox App UI
We have updated the UI for Toolbox App 1.16. Each tool now has its own update progress bar under each tool.
We have also summarized the progress for all tool updates in the general progress bar, which can be found under the small arrow in the Toolbox App header. Click on it to see the progress of all the tool updates.
We have fixed the following issues:
- Issue with the license subscription end date incorrectly showing a day too early. TBX-3902
- Issue preventing changing the tool install locations. TBX-3994
- Project search now shows more relevant results on top. TBX-3742
See the full release notes for all list of bug fixes.
Thanks for reading. Follow @JBToolbox to stay updated.
Your JetBrains Toolbox App team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
AI Assistant Update – October 2023
This summer we announced a new AI Assistant for IntelliJ-based IDEs which integrates the power of large language models into the daily workflows of developers. Since then, we’ve expanded the list of supported use cases and enhanced existing features. The AI Assistant is still in the technical pre…
AI Assistant Update – August 2023
AI Assistant is a major new feature of the JetBrains IDE family in the 2023.2 release, offering integration of large language models into the IDE development workflow. The AI Assistant plugin is not bundled with the IDEs and needs to be installed separately from JetBrains Marketplace. One of the pri…
Your Go-To JetBrains Coding Tools Are Ready to Be Updated to 2023.2
We’ve now released the second update of the year for our family of IDEs, including IntelliJ IDEA, WebStorm, PyCharm, DataGrip, GoLand, DataSpell, and other tools included in your All Products Pack subscription. Check out the summaries below and dive deeper to learn more about the products you’re mos…