CLion 1.2.4 bug fix update

Hi,

We believe many of you have Christmas holidays now, however we’d like to announce one more bug fix update. It’s available now for download from our site, alternatively install it via patch-update (in case you are using 1.2.2 or 1.2.3).

Unfortunately, our previous builds (1.2.2 and 1.2.3) include some problems with symbols that may cause incorrect work of refactorings, intention actions, inspections and other smart features. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and recommend you to update CLion to 1.2.4 version.

Have a nice weekend,
The CLion Team

This entry was posted in Announcement and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to CLion 1.2.4 bug fix update

1. Alexander Münch says:

Hi Anastasia, is 1.5 EAP affected, too?

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

Should be not. Still in any case – we’ll add some extra checks to avoid such problems in the next EAP builds (and releases), and in case you experience some strange problems with intellisense in 1.5 EAP, please, do Invalidate Caches and Restart.

2. James Xiao says:

Hi there,
    I met problem with 1.2.4, that when I press ctrl+F, then type Chinese into the input area as keyword for a search, the Chinese is not shown correctly (shown as small rectangle in my case). Even though, the search functionality seems working, that clion can help to locate the keyword in the editor.

But when I use ctrl+shift+f for a search, type Chinese into the keyword input area can be shown correctly

I am not sure if this is related to the environment, I am using Red Hat 6.5, and my input method for Chinese is called IBUS

3. OKoeh says:

Hi all,
    I’ve tried to update from 1.2.2 to 1.2.4 with the patch-update but after the restart it was still 1.2.2. My CLion runs on Ubuntu 15.10 and is located in the /opt directory. Could there be some trouble with the root rights? (I started the program as root)

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

Not sure what’s the problem. Try to get the build from scratch from JetBrains.com/clion/download and install.

4. Grief says:

Why some updates are applied automatically in updates modal dialog while the others require manual download from the site and installation by user? Isn’t it possible to automate this process as well?

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

We try to make patch updates for every update, however patches are not possible for stable -> EAP versions and sometimes they are also not possible for usual stable updates as well due to the changes’ complexity.

5. Vlad says:

Hi,

After I upgraded to 1.2.4, I realized that CLion keeps “eating up” my processor. After I launch it, the process eats up 200%-400% of my processor (Macbook Pro, Yosemite, 8GB RAM) for about 1.5 – 2 minutes, then every time I browse a file inside CLion the processor spikes up to more than 200% and stays like that for 5-6 seconds. This behaviour makes the system feel a bit choppy, compared to the previous releases. I don’t have this issue with other IntelliJ products.