CLion 1.5 EAP: build 144.3357

Anastasia Kazakova

Hi,

Thanks for all your interesting thoughts and comments on our previous EAP build, that included Python support plugin and attach to local process functionality. And today we are happy to announce the availability of the new CLion 1.5 EAP, build 144.3357. It’s available for download from our confluence page, or use a patch update from the previous EAP build.

Read some highlights of this EAP build below.

CMake

CMake changes in this update include:

• CMake 3.4.2 is bundled.
  • In case you exit the IDE during the project reloading, CMake process started by CLion will be killed.

Debugger

A long list of exceptions thrown while using GDB in CLion were fixed, and thus we encourage you to try the build and check if it now works better for you.

VCS

Checkout with Rebase git action appeared in this build and could be helpful in case you want to rebase a feature branch on master. Previously you had to perform ‘checkout feature’ and then ‘rebase master’. New action is available in the branch menu:
checkout_rebase

A couple of bugs and usability problems in Git integration were also addressed in this EAP.

Bundled JRE on Linux

Linux users will be glad to learn that CLion now includes a customized JRE version bundled into the package. As well as our OS X version, Linux version includes font rendering fixes done by the JetBrains team. In case you meet any issues, please, submit them to our tracker.

That’s it! Find detailed release notes by the link.

The CLion Team
JetBrains
The Drive to Develop

Comments below can no longer be edited.

24 Responses to CLion 1.5 EAP: build 144.3357

1. Anton says:

January 27, 2016

Thanks for the integration of font rendering fix patch to the bundled JDK. Very appreciated!

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

January 27, 2016

Thank you for the feedback!

2. Olof says:

I get this:

~/clion-144.3357.5/bin/clion.sh &
    [1] 7061
    $ [YourKit Java Profiler 2014 build 14112] Log file: /home/edlund/.yjp/log/CLion15-7129.log

Unsupported Java Version: Cannot start under Java 1.7.0_09-icedtea-mockbuild_2013_03_05_04_44-b00: Java 1.8 or later is required.

[1]+ Exit 10 ~/clion-144.3357.5/bin/clion.sh

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

January 27, 2016

Have you changed CL_JDK env var?

• Olof says:

No, it is unset.

Looking at the log, this is the second line

/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.9.x86_64/bin/java

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

January 27, 2016

This is not the bundled JDK, looks like you are starting with some other JDK (most likely CL_JDK is redefined somewhere). Starting from the previous EAP you need Java 8 or above to run CLion. And this build already includes bundled version with fixes from our team.

• Olof says:

Yep, that is my system JDK, but CL_JDK is not set. This:

printenv | grep JDK

returns nothing.

And then I run clion.sh from the bin dir just having verified that. So I think there must be something else going on.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

January 27, 2016

And how about JDK_HOME, JAVA_HOME and IDE_HOME? Where do they point?
              And just in case could you please check you don’t have a hard reference from ~/.CLion15/config/clion.jdk?

Anyway, if you open bin/clion.sh you can find there the list of places where CLion searches for JDK.

• Olof says:

January 27, 2016

Adding -x to the script shows that while searching for java it falls through all the way to finding it using ‘which’.

• Olof says:

Yes, that build. 🙂

• Olof says:

January 27, 2016

I did not have a clion.jdk and I don’t have those environment variables set either.

printenv | grep HOME only returns my $HOME.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

January 27, 2016

Do you mean you are running CLion 1.5 EAP for the first time and didn’t have any previous builds with this version?

Could you please edit your clion.sh script, go to the ‘Locate a JDK installation directory’, and try to locate where the system JDK is selected by adding for example:
              echo “JDK:$JDK”
              ?

• Olof says:

January 27, 2016

I’ve had previous versions installed, but regular and EAP’s.

I think this is my problem (which I accidentally posted elsewhere also in this thread)

Here’s a clue:

/home/edlund/clion-144.3357.5/bin/../jre/jre/bin/java -version
          /home/edlund/clion-144.3357.5/bin/../jre/jre/bin/java: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14′ not found (required by /home/BAHAMAS/oedlund/clion-144.3357.5/jre/jre/bin/../lib/amd64/jli/libjli.so)

• Nate says:

March 17, 2016

Hi, I arrived here from Google seeking a solution to a similar problem in PhpStorm. Unfortunately, nothing in this thread remedied my problem.

Eventually I found that the problem was related to a “JVMVersion” setting in my idea.properties file. More information here: http://stackoverflow.com/a/36068099/3666040

3. Olof says:

Here’s a clue:

/home/edlund/clion-144.3357.5/bin/../jre/jre/bin/java -version

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

January 27, 2016

Looks like this is a problem, which Linux is it?

• Olof says:

RHEL 6.4

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

January 27, 2016

Unfortunately, looks like RHEL 6 uses glibc 2.12, and we require 2.14. I’ve created the corresponding ticket: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-150933. Please follow and comment in case any additional information is needed.

• Olof says:

Oh, so close!

Thanks.

I’m looking into if we can upgrade to 2.14 in parallel. It would be unfortunate if we got stuck on 1.2.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

January 27, 2016

As a current workaround you can install java 8 on your system and use it with CLion 1.5.

4. Anton says:

January 28, 2016

The debugger is still unusable for me. Now I get a “Command timed out” message. I know you’re working on this issue right now and hope that it will be usable soon. It’s very sad that current version of CLion sill lacks the debugger.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

January 28, 2016

Another bunch of fixes will come soon and will also be related to this problem. Please, check the next build when available.

5. Arun says:

February 1, 2016

Is it possible the font rendering fixes on Linux broke something for Inconsolata? Or maybe mine is a corner case – I have a 4k monitor and the latest update made Inconsolata very hard to read. I can attach screen shots if you need me to.