CLion 1.5 EAP: build 144.3600

Posted on by Maria Baburina

Hi,

Today we’ve prepared another EAP build for you to deliver all the existing improvements and features we have at the moment. It can be obtained by downloading from our confluence page or via a patch update from the previous EAP build as usual.

Among other fixes included we’d like to highlight a few:

Formatting

Enhanced formatting appeared for the case when lambdas are used as function call arguments. Now with “Chop down if long” and a new line for parentheses enabled formatted code looks much better (CPP-4648).

CMake

Several problems with completion during Auto-Reload were addressed by delaying reload process for another second when completion window is shown (CPP-5603).

VCS

Git: Now it’s possible to manage multiple worktrees attached to the same repository, allowing you to check out more than one branch at a time.

Check out our updated UI of Version Control Log toolwindow.vcs-log-ui-update

We hope you’ll find new toolbar and splitters better-looking and handy.

Switch boot JDK on Linux

Hope Linux users enjoy our customized JRE version which is bundled since previous EAP build. We’d like to remind that any issues with it are welcome to our tracker.
For those who still prefer launching with other Java distributions we’ve enabled Switch IDE boot JDK… action on Linux platform as well as on OS X. You can perform it via Find Action dialog (Shift+Ctrl+A): type Switch IDE boot JDK there, then select any prefered JDK installed in our system). Please keep in mind that JDK versions older than 8 are not supported.

For more details please find release notes here.

The CLion Team
JetBrains
The Drive to Develop

Comments below can no longer be edited.

26 Responses to CLion 1.5 EAP: build 144.3600

1. Anton says:

February 3, 2016

Thanks for the new features!
    Hope to see debugger integration updates soon, it’s a show stopper for me.

• Maria Baburina says:

February 3, 2016

Hi, Anton!

We’re working hard to fix most severe problems with debugger and going to roll out update in next few weeks. Stay tuned!

• Anton says:

February 3, 2016

Thanks for your hard work and for a fast reply!

2. Olzhas Adiyatov says:

February 4, 2016

When is the final release?

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

February 4, 2016

It’s planned for Spring

3. Yury V. Zaytsev says:

February 4, 2016

The good news for the users of this build is that antialiasing settings now work from the IDE itself, so one doesn’t have to edit the vmoptions to change awt.useSystemAAFontSettings every upgrade. I guess it actually can be even safely removed from there?

The bad news is that whatever “rendering fixes” that are included in the boot JDK made font rendering in Greyscale antialiasing mode look much bolder and blurrier than before, and I would say uncomfortably bolder & blurrier. I can try to make screenshots if this would help… Greyscale should be ~ monitor independent.

At the same time, it seems that Subpixel antialiasing mode only works for RGB pixel order, and “lucky” BGR monitor owners are out in the cold: Subpixel mode looks rainbowy and Greyscale looks blurry :-/ I guess time to switch the boot JDK to my system default…

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

February 4, 2016

Please, submit screenshots to our tracker. The work is in progress, so it would be useful.

• Yury V. Zaytsev says:

February 4, 2016

OK, I’ve made some screenshots, are there already any tickets I should attach them to, or I should create a new one?

By the way, switching boot JDK doesn’t work for me on Ubuntu 14.04, it only shows the bundled JDK, but not my system JDK. However, renaming jre folder to jre.bak did the trick…

• Maria Baburina says:

February 4, 2016

Could you please specify the version of your system JDK? Did you have JAVA_HOME environment variable set then?

• Yury V. Zaytsev says:

February 5, 2016
            zaytsev@work:~$ export | grep JAVA_HOME
            zaytsev@work:~$ java -version
            java version "1.8.0_72"
            Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_72-b15)
            Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.72-b15, mixed mode)

• Yury V. Zaytsev says:

February 9, 2016

Reported as CPP-5805 “Switch boot JDK” doesn’t show Oracle JDK on Ubuntu.

• Yury V. Zaytsev says:

February 9, 2016

Reported as CPP-5806 Fonts are way too bold on Ubuntu when grayscale antialiasing is enabled with bundled JDK.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

February 10, 2016

thanks

4. Kristjan says:

February 4, 2016

I have tried previous EAP briefly, specially was interested in debugger part.
    I couldn’t find gdb core dump debugger. Is that functionality available?

• Maria Baburina says:

February 4, 2016

We don’t have such feature at the moment. Could you please provide some details about your use case? What behaviour do you expect from IDE?

• Kristjan says:

February 9, 2016

Just comparing Codelite ide on the debugging part. Apart to ‘attach to process’ there is also option to ‘debug a core dump’ – meaning to load a core and do ‘visual’ back trace. In compare to ‘attach to process’ functionality I would mark it less important but comes handy sometimes.

• andrew somerville says:

October 26, 2016

I would also really like this functionality. The use case:

When my system crashes, it’s often not started from clion in most cases, but dumps a core file with the stack state when it does.

I’d like to inspect the stack and variable values in the context of the code wrt this core file from clion.

• andrew somerville says:

October 26, 2016

Added feature request here: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/CPP-7977

5. Roman says:

February 4, 2016

Feels like debugger issues are actually get worse, comparing to previous release. Now debugger timeouts cause complete IDE freeze and I have to kill it and restart.

6. Matthew says:

February 5, 2016

I don’t know why but in build 144.3357, the CLion window would pop up but close after about .3 seconds. Now in this build, the window doesn’t open at all :/

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

February 5, 2016

Do you the the whole IDE window? Which system (OS) are you on?

• Matthew says:

February 5, 2016

I mean the starting program window when CLion is loading. I’m on Windows 10. It loads in 1.2.4 but not in these builds.