CLion 2016.1.1 bug-fix update is out

Hi everyone,

Today we are glad to announce that CLion 2016.1.1 bug-fix update (build 145.597.10) is available for download. If you are running CLion 2016.1, go ahead and click Check for Updates to install the patch right from the IDE.

A list of fixes and improvements can be found in the release notes. Here are a few worth mentioning:

• Regression that leads to a false-positive for Google Test EXPECT_TRUE/FALSE macros (CPP-5986).
  • Problems with the redundant ‘::’ added in some cases when auto-completing (CPP-3087, CPP-2775).
  • CMake 3.5 was bundled into this build.

In case you are using Python plugin in CLion you’ll be glad to know about the fix for Python console – PY-18231. It’s now working properly and there is no need to use the workaround now.

And in case you are interested in the roadmap for CLion 2016.2, please, check our blog post.

Your CLion Team
JetBrains
The Drive to Develop

This entry was posted in Announcement and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to CLion 2016.1.1 bug-fix update is out

1. bughunter says:

If you are running CLion 2016.1, go ahead and click Check for Updates to install the patch right from the IDE. -> You already have the latest version of CLion installed. :-(

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

Patch-update will be available in an hour or so. Please, wait. You were too quick) Sorry for inconvenience.

2. Marcus says:

I was happy about CPP-5836 so I can click on my assert backtraces to jump to the source – however I cannot seem to make it work.

If I add something like (for example);
    printf(“/some/path/to/source/SourceFile.cpp:43\n”);

and then build and run the target – I get the output in the “Run” window – but it’s still normal text and not a hyperlink.

Do I need to do something to switch this feature on?

Marcus.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

This is probably some bug/regression. Could you please share more details about your case in the corresponding issue? OS, CLion version.

• Marcus says:

Sure, I’m on the 2016.1.1 on Linux using CLang.

My test program was a simple;

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
        {
        printf(“/source/to/path/Source.cpp:42:14\n”);
        return 0;
        }

I also tried;

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
        {
        printf(“/source/to/path/Source.cpp:42\n”);
        return 0;
        }

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

Currently for me you sample is working properly. Not sure what’s going on there. Copied your question to the issue. Please, follow there.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

Marcus, is the referenced file included into the project (listed in corresponding CMake)?

3. Mikhail says:

Unfortunately this patch broke multi-project support.
    With 2016.1 and earlier I was doing the following:
    1. create parent folder with each project as sub-folders
    2. parent project has ‘subdirs’ to include all sub-project
    3. each subproject has “set(CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR “${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/project_name”

In 2016.1.1 this is now broken. The ‘CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR’ var is not updated and thus many cmake scripts that depends on this var just fail :(

4. Kalle Hammarsten says:

This version hangs when inserting or replacing a block in the editor. This happens several times a day and it hangs until I kill the process, meaning that I lose anything I haven’t saved.