CLion 2016.2 EAP, build 162.646

Posted on by Anastasia Kazakova

Hi everyone,

Another week brings another EAP build, that includes new code style settings and several important bug fixes for you to try.

Code Style for C and C++

This build adds a few options to the C/C++ Code Style settings. Wrapping and Braces group got a new After function return type options, that allow you to configure whether to wrap the lines after function return type in a scope of a class and in global and namespace scopes. By default there is ‘Wrap if long’ value set for both of them:
wrap_return

Several setting for Lambda capture list were added in Wrapping and Braces as well:
lambda_settings

There are also new options to configure wrapping for ‘<<' and '>>’ operators. And in Spaces | Within group you can now configure if you’d like to get a space within empty code braces.

Besides, this EAP build provides you with two new coding schemes to follow – LLVM and LLDB. To apply setting from any of these scheme, select Set from… | Predefined Style and select the scheme you prefer.

Other fixes

Several important bugs addressed in this build are:

• In case you only changed a case of some letter while renaming a file, this file disappeared from the Changes view on Save (IDEA-94470).
  • In the case described above committing this change to Git repository also failed, and it happened for both file and folder names changes (IDEA-53175).
  • It was not possible to use Windows-key (Super-key) as a modifier key in keymap on Linux and Windows (CPP-4246, CPP-5768, IDEA-144702)

Full list of release notes is available by the link.

Download the build, or get a patch-update in case you are using previous EAP build.

Your CLion Team
JetBrains
The Drive to Develop

Comments below can no longer be edited.

14 Responses to CLion 2016.2 EAP, build 162.646

1. Sebastian says:

June 1, 2016

The new formatting options are great. I will give it a try as soon as I have installed the update.

I didn’t see any parser fixes in this EAP, do you have any update about when we will get some more improvements on the parser side?

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

June 1, 2016

Previous build included a couple of them. We continue working on the parser constantly, but this time nothing in particular was fixed. Anything you are especially interested?

• Marcus says:

June 2, 2016

Let me second the call for parser fixes. Although they can frequently be ignored, they have a very very high visibility as they show up bright red and underlined in all your users’ screens!

Also, there was talk at the start of this cycle that CLion would be fixed to correctly handle autogenerated code (like from Bison, javah etc) – this would be a lovely feature for me as currently I have to restart CLion after any build that changes autogenerated code (and my project uses a lot of it)

Regards,
        Marcus.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

June 2, 2016

Could you please remind us which exactly issue are you talking about? Is it in our tracker?

• Olof says:

June 2, 2016

Using

using =

Instead of

typedef

Causes red squigglys when you use that new type. It is in your tracker but don’t know the number. That causes a lot of squigglys in my code.

• Sebastian says:

June 2, 2016

Most important for me would be these two:

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

June 2, 2016

Ok, thanks for pointing. We’ll check.

2. huang says:

June 3, 2016

Hi, I’ve tried this EAP today. Issue CPP-5201 seems still there. And suddenly I realized that I have forgot to custom clion64.vmoptions, so I set Xmx to 6000M and now it works like a charm, no more forzen.
    Thanks for you hard work. Now I can enjoy these new features.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

June 3, 2016

Thanks for letting us know! Enjoy the new features.

3. The Week in C++ for May 28th-June 3rd | Utah C++  Users Group says: