CppCast, a famous podcast for C++ developers hosted by Rob Irving and Jason Turner, welcomes back Anastasia Kazakova, CLion Product Marketing Manager. Last time we met a year ago, before CLion 1.0 was launched, and talked about CLion’s goals, hopes and expectations. Now we meet again to overview CLion’s first year. Some topics discussed in this episode include:
- Main changes and events for CLion and the C++ team in JetBrains over this year.
- General trends in how CLion’s features are used.
- Discussion of CLion’s user base.
- Any option to get CLion licenses for free?
- What’s next on the roadmap?
- CLion as an IDE not only for C and C++. What are other languages and options are there?
- Some technical details on how CLion works with CMake and future plans for other build systems.
- CLion’s C++ parser discussion, along with clang as an option.
Sounds interesting? Listen to the episode here.
A C/C++ fan since university, Anastasia has been creating real-time *nix-based systems and pushing them to production for 8 years. She has a passion for networking algorithms (especially congestion problems and network management protocols) and embedded programming, and believes in good tooling. Now she is a part of the JetBrains team working as a Product Marketing Manager for CLion.