Welcome our new CLion 2017.3 EAP, build 173.2696.23!
Among other questions we’ve asked about unit testing framework used by the respondents on a regular basis. For C language the top three unit test frameworks are: Google Test (37%), Boost.Test (8%), CppUnit (8%). For C++ – Google Test (45%), Boost.Test (26%), CppUnit (11%).
CLion already supports Google Test and Catch unit test frameworks. And now it comes with the Boost.Test support! The support includes:
- Special Boost.Test Run/Debug configurations
- Built-in test runner with the progress bar and a tree view of all the tests running
- Ability to re-run failed tests, export test results, open previously saved results
- Ability to navigate to the source code of a particular test
- Gutter icons to Run/Debug unit tests and show the status of the tests
Besides, we’ve eliminated false warning for MSVC specific pragmas (CPP-9549).
Full release notes are available by the link.
Your CLion Team
The Drive to Develop