CLion 2018.3 EAP: fixes for remote dev, CPU profiler and Markdown plugin

Hi,

Please welcome a new CLion 2018.3 EAP (build 183.3975.20)!

As usual, a patch-update will be available shortly for those using the previous EAP build, and you can also use Toolbox app or snap packages (in the case of Ubuntu) to get this build. No license is required and the build is free to use, but it will expire within 30 days of the build date.

Download CLion 2018.3 EAP

This build brings the following improvements:

• Remote development on Windows: fixed an issue when CLion can’t find standard library includes because of a specific tar compression.
  • Small UI improvement for CPU Profiler integration: Profile action in the run icon in the left gutter was updated to include a missing underscore to separate different words in the target name.
  • Markdown plugin got a fix for an IDE freeze on Linux caused by a Markdown file (IDEA-200822).

Full release notes are available here.

Your CLion Team
JetBrains
The Drive to Develop

This entry was posted in Announcement, Early Access Preview and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to CLion 2018.3 EAP: fixes for remote dev, CPU profiler and Markdown plugin

1. Renat says:

Patch wasn’t suggested. Version 183.3795.17. Downloaded it on 23 October.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

Do you install IDE on your own or via Toolbox/snap? What do you see if you call Check for Updates from CLion menu?

• Renat says:

I’ve downloaded archive and extracted it. I see standard update popup with my and your versions (current/new) and buttons Download/Learn more/Ignore this update/Remind me later.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

When did you try this? Maybe it was just shortly after the post was published (as patch update appears usually slightly later). Can you try again please? Or have you updated via a full download already?

• Renat says:

I see this window now. I can send the screenshot if you ask. Still sitting on older version. Btw your replies doesn’t fire an email. I have to check your replies manually via Learn more button to get to this page.

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

Yes, please share the screenshot.
            Regarding the notification from the blog – unfortunately that’s the wordpress thing, we can’t change it.

• Renat says:

Btw, I have 2018.2.5 in separate folder if it matters.