CLion 2018.3.3 bug-fix update

Posted on by Anastasia Kazakova

Hi,

A new bug-fix update, CLion 2018.3.3, build 183.5153.40, is now available for download. You can get it from our website, via Toolbox App, or using snap packages (for Ubuntu). A patch-update will be available shortly.

Download CLion

This build has a few important fixes for bugs in different areas:

• Incorrect “CMake executable not found” error in the case of several WSL toolchains installed.
  • An exception while collecting compiler information from on the remote host (if you’ve experienced CPP-14505 or CPP-14477 errors, please, check if these problems are resolved as well).
  • Build All command was building twice.

Besides, in this build, CLion provides better error indication if the compiler has not been resolved correctly when a compilation database project is used.

Full release notes are here.

Interested in seeing what we have in the works? Check out our roadmap for CLion 2019.1.

Your CLion Team
JetBrains
The Drive to Develop

Comments below can no longer be edited.

9 Responses to CLion 2018.3.3 bug-fix update

1. Tano says:

January 11, 2019

Hi Anastasia, I know that it’s not CLion related, but any news about JRE-565? 4-year very annoying bug..thank you

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

January 11, 2019

I’ll ask the team. But probably it’s just not in the priority list, which includes many others important issues. I’ll ask to provide an estimation in the ticket. Thanks.

• Tano says:

January 11, 2019

A 4-year very annoying bug is not on the priority list, so we, the one using XFCE, must reset our screen 5-6 times a day? So many great options and features and we have to reset our screens because of such a silly bug?
        Sorry but I don’t agree…

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

January 11, 2019

I’m sorry you feel this way, Taw. But we do maintain JDK on our side and there are dozens of glitches and issues, which we inherited from the master JDK branch. Some of them make the IDE completely unusable, some are very unpleasant, some happen from time to time, some are hard to reproduce in our environment, some requires a quick fix, some – a whole architecture change. Anyway, we try to address all of them but definitely can’t do all at once. We’ll do our best to fix this one when possible, the JDK team will take another look at it quite soon. Sorry for making you wait for it that long.

• Tano says:

January 11, 2019

Thank you very much for explanations, Anastasia, I know that you guys are maintaining JDK and I love it, the first reason I switched to CLion is how nice you render Consolas font (I am a font maniac). Also you support a lot of platforms, each with its problems, I know how it feels because the project I am working on has to work on 11 platforms (and their flavours).
            But sometimes CLion feels like a luxury car without the air conditioning functioning properly, although I know the team is working real hard.
            Nevertheless, just a side note, I just renewed my license.:p

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

January 11, 2019

Thank you for your support. We’ll try to address the “air conditioning” problem asap)

2. ilya b says:

January 17, 2019

Unfortunately the whole 2018.3.* bunch seems unstable and buggy. I am using 2018.2.6 for quite some time already, while trying every single .3 update since the first EAP.

The main issue is crashes. They got worse in 2018.3. The old version crashes about 1-2 times a day, almost always during builds. 2018.3 crashes every hour at least. These are OS crashes (not Java exception) and for some reason they don’t leave core dumps.

The second issue is the new laggy and terrible Find dialog. The new version introduced a noticeable delay – when you type the results are not updated immediately as it was before. My impression is that dialog was made considerably heavier, with no apparent reason for that. I have a fairly good machine so this can’t be explained by a lack of processing power. Moreover version 2.4 works just fine

New version info

Subscription is active until …, 2019
    JRE: 1.8.0_152-release-1248-b22 x86_64
    JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o
    macOS 10.12.6

• ilya b says:

January 17, 2019

Forgot to mention, switching JDKs doesn’t change anything in regard of crashes

• Anastasia Kazakova says:

January 17, 2019

Could you please submit information about the crash (including the mac log for the crash, if that’s a native macos crash) to https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/CPP.
      As for the lag in the dialog, please submit a CPU snapshot recorded when you open the dialog.