CLion 2019.2 EAP: fixes for Debugger and Parameter hints
A new CLion 2019.2 EAP (build 192.5281.33) is now available. Download the full build from our site, install it via the Toolbox App, or use a snap package if you are using Ubuntu. A patch-update for the previous EAP build will be available shortly.
Parameter Name Hints
The first 2019.2 EAP introduced Parameter name hints that helps with the code readability by showing the names of function parameters for passed arguments. This build brings a few important fixes for it:
- Fixed the freezes in the IDE caused by parameter hints (CPP-16494).
- A parameter name hint was added for an argument which is a constructor without parameters (CPP-16423):
- A parameter name hint was added for the this pointer (CPP-16312):
This EAP also brings a set of fixes in Debugger:
- Fixed the bug with the evaluate an expression with GDB. It gets constantly re-evaluated each time the debugger refreshes the variables view (CPP-7358).
- Fixed the issue with GDB when a variable’s value is not updated on stepping after “Set value” command (CPP-13295).
- Fixed the GDB hangs in the case of MinGW-w64 and multi-line commands(CPP-9090).
Among the other changes:
- Commit from the Local Changes for projects that use Git or Mercurial as their version control system (see the blog post for more details).
- Windows Defender performance warning (see the blog post for more details)
- Remove false positives with constructors marked as unused, if created via std::make_shared.
- Fixed the issue with the macro replacement in quick documentation which was not working when ClangFormat is enabled(CPP-16244).
The full release notes are available here.
Your CLion Team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
The CLion 2023.3 Early Access Program Is Open
We recently shared our preliminary plans for v2023.3, which we plan to release at the end of November. We are now happy to announce that the CLion 2023.3 Early Access Program (EAP) starts today! Our EAP lets the community participate in discussions devoted to our products and influence the developm…
CLion 2023.2.2 Bug-Fix Update
The CLion bug-fix update 2023.2.2 is now available! The fixes included in this bug-fix update are listed below. Download build 232.9921.42 from our website, through the Toolbox App, as a snap package for Ubuntu, or via a patch from inside the IDE. DOWNLOAD CLION This update’s main highlights includ…
CLion 2023.2.1 Bug-Fix Update
The CLion bug-fix update 2023.2.1 is now available! If you haven’t yet upgraded to v2023.2, now is definitely a good time to do so! The key enhancements in the major 2023.2 update include: The Beta version of AI Assistant is now available as a plugin with limited access. Streamlined integratio…