CLion 2019.2.2 Bug-fix Update
A new bug-fix update, CLion 2019.2.2 (build 192.6603.37), is now available for download from our website, via the Toolbox App, or via snap (for Ubuntu). A patch update will be available shortly. If you haven’t updated to v2019.2 yet, now’s a good time to do so.
Fixes for parameter name hints
CLion 2019.2 introduced a new feature called Parameter Hints. These are the names of function parameters for passed arguments, which are displayed in the editor in line with your code to help increase its readability.
In this bug-fix update, we’ve fixed a few issues related to Parameter Hints in CLion:
- There is a default black-list now for C++ Parameter Hints. It includes
strncmp, and some others:
- Parameter hints now correctly handle brace elision in aggregate initialization:
- In pack expansion, the
&hint is now shown for all the parameters.
- Now, CLion doesn’t show a hint if there’s a comment matching the hint / parameter name. It recognizes comments in the form of
=can be any character and
NAMEmust match the hint for that argument).
- A Parameter Hint is now shown before
Bundled LLDB on Catalina macOS
macOS 10.15 Catalina is gonna be released soon, so we’ve made sure the bundled LLDB works there (CPP-17126). There are still some possible warnings (CPP-17268), but they don’t seem to prevent debugging.
JetBrains Runtime update
Finally, JBR 11 has been updated and addresses the following issues:
- Fixed the corrupted fonts on the Welcome Screen on Windows (JBR-1777).
- Fixed the issue that caused incorrect font (italics) in the editor (JBR-1778).
The full list of JBR improvements can be found here.
IDE release notes are also available.
Your CLion Team
The Drive to Develop