What’s Next: A Roadmap for CLion 2020.2
CLion 2020.1 has landed and has been followed up with its first bug-fix update, so it’s time to talk about our plans for the next release.
We have a good tradition to celebrate successful releases by giving our most sincere thanks to our Early Access Program users. Today we’d like to extend our special thanks to these fine folks who’ve been most active, along with a complimentary 1-year CLion subscription:
- Mansur Mustaquim
- Taw Moto
- Pavel Samolisov
- Tom Evers
We’ll email you in the next few days with a code for getting a new subscription or extending your current one. If you’d like to pass the code to a friend or colleague, that’s OK, too!
Roadmap: CLion 2020.2
Our main priorities for 2020 remain unchanged. Let’s see what particular enhancements we plan to implement during the next release cycle.
- Language support and Clangd
- Improve the stability of the Clangd-based language engine, investigate and fix memory leaks, and improve memory consumptions in general.
- Enable Clangd-based code completion before indexing is complete.
- Use Clangd-based engine for CLion’s Simplify inspection.
- Continue fixing particular freezes in various areas.
- Work on reducing CPU usage on projects like Eigen and others.
- Project models
- Continue with improvements to PlatformIO integration and the PlatformIO plugin.
- Unit testing
- Update Boost.Test & Catch2 integration to support the latest enhancements in these frameworks.
- Continue with various fixes in other subsystems, including Remote, Formatter, Code Coverage, Profiling, and more.
That’s it! If you have any new feature requests, please send them to our tracker. We’re listening!
Your CLion Team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
The CLion 2023.3 Early Access Program Is Open
We recently shared our preliminary plans for v2023.3, which we plan to release at the end of November. We are now happy to announce that the CLion 2023.3 Early Access Program (EAP) starts today! Our EAP lets the community participate in discussions devoted to our products and influence the developm…
CLion 2023.2.2 Bug-Fix Update
The CLion bug-fix update 2023.2.2 is now available! The fixes included in this bug-fix update are listed below. Download build 232.9921.42 from our website, through the Toolbox App, as a snap package for Ubuntu, or via a patch from inside the IDE. DOWNLOAD CLION This update’s main highlights includ…
CLion 2023.2.1 Bug-Fix Update
The CLion bug-fix update 2023.2.1 is now available! If you haven’t yet upgraded to v2023.2, now is definitely a good time to do so! The key enhancements in the major 2023.2 update include: The Beta version of AI Assistant is now available as a plugin with limited access. Streamlined integratio…