CLion 2021.2.1 Bug-fix Update
CLion 2021.2 was released just a few weeks ago, and you can find out what’s new in this blog post or on the website. With many debugger enhancements, support for the brand-new CMake Presets, integration with the Cling interpreter, and Lifetimes analysis working as you type your code, this release significantly improves the user experience.
We are now happy to announce that the CLion 2021.2.1 bug-fix update is out! It addresses several problems we didn’t finalize for the original release. The 212.5080.54 build is now available on our website, via the patch update, in the Toolbox App, or as a snap (for Ubuntu).
The highlights include:
- Project model
- The “Mark directory as excluded” action is now back in the context menu. We apologize for this regression.
- Compiler information is now collected correctly when duplicating flags are used (CPP-25608), and also for the IAR STM8 compiler (CPP-25996).
- We’ve fixed CMake Presets parsing when the environment variable has an
- In the debugger, several issues with visualization have been fixed for the LLDB-based debugger on Windows (for the MSVC toolchain).
- Template parameters are no longer folded by default. If you want default folding back, enable Preferences/Settings | Editor | General | Code Folding | Fold by default | C | Template parameters.
- We’ve fixed an editor freeze caused by ClangFormat (CPP-25091).
- The broken auto formatting of
switchstatements with return has been fixed (CPP-26011).
- New options were added: Preferences/Settings | Editor | Code Style | C/C++ | Spaces | Before/After ‘for’ colon/semicolon. They control the number of spaces before/after colons and semicolons in
You can find the full release notes here. If you haven’t yet updated to v2021.2, now is a great time to do so!
If you’re wondering what’s coming next, please check out the roadmap for 2021.3.
Your CLion team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
CLion 2023.3 EAP2: Support for Device Tree Files and Meson
The CLion 2023.3 Early Access Program has just started, featuring assembly view for files, enhanced C++ data flow analysis, and other updates. The CLion 2023.3 EAP2 build is ready for you to try! With it, you can finally start working on Meson projects in CLion and benefit from device tree format s…
The CLion 2023.3 Early Access Program Is Open
We recently shared our preliminary plans for v2023.3, which we plan to release at the end of November. We are now happy to announce that the CLion 2023.3 Early Access Program (EAP) starts today! Our EAP lets the community participate in discussions devoted to our products and influence the developm…
CLion 2023.2.2 Bug-Fix Update
The CLion bug-fix update 2023.2.2 is now available! The fixes included in this bug-fix update are listed below. Download build 232.9921.42 from our website, through the Toolbox App, as a snap package for Ubuntu, or via a patch from inside the IDE. DOWNLOAD CLION This update’s main highlights includ…
CLion 2023.2.1 Bug-Fix Update
The CLion bug-fix update 2023.2.1 is now available! If you haven’t yet upgraded to v2023.2, now is definitely a good time to do so! The key enhancements in the major 2023.2 update include: The Beta version of AI Assistant is now available as a plugin with limited access. Streamlined integratio…