CLion 2022.1 EAP3: Enhanced Type Hints, Fixes in Auto-Import and Navigation, and More Flexible Reset Options in Embedded GDB Server Configurations
The new CLion 2022.1 EAP build, 221.4501.161, is now available from our website, via the Toolbox App, or as a snap package (if you are using Ubuntu). Note that if you are on macOS, there is a separate build for Apple Silicon (M1 chip).
Those who are already using EAP2 can apply a patch to update to EAP3.
The main highlights:
- Inlay Hints improvements:
- We’ve fixed a bug that was causing the auto-import pop-up to appear multiple times after the auto-import suggestion had been accepted (CPP-6267).
- When clicking on the left-gutter navigation icons, navigation now happens immediately when there is only one viable option to navigate to. No context menu is opened in this case.
- The Embedded GDB Server configuration can now reset the device at different stages: Before or After the download (i.e. flashing MCU ROM or writing to RAM), Always (both before and after), or Never:
- Several exceptions were addressed in this build.
The full release notes are available here.
Your CLion team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
CLion 2023.3 Release Candidate
CLion 2023.3 is on its way, and the release candidate for v2023.3 is already available! To install CLion 2023.3 RC (build 233.11799.171), download it from the website, update via the Toolbox App, or use this snap package (for Ubuntu). You need an active subscription or a trial license to use CLi…
CLion Nova: A New Update With Various Bug Fixes
CLion Nova, a free preview of CLion with the ReSharper C++/Rider C++ language engine, was announced recently. We’re excited to see how well you liked the first build! There are about 3,700 users right now and the overall feedback is mostly positive, especially that which is related to performance an…
CLion 2023.3 Goes Beta
The Beta version of CLion Classic 2023.3 is now available with key improvements and changes that are expected in the upcoming release. Download build 233.11799.37 from our website, via the Toolbox App, or as a snap package for Ubuntu. If you are using CLion Nova, note that we do not plan to release…
CLion Nova Explodes onto the C and C++ Development Scene
TL;DR Today, we’re announcing a free early preview of CLion, which uses the ReSharper C++/Rider C++ language engine instead of the CLion "legacy" engine. The Preview build is available via our dedicated Toolbox App feed. At some point in 2024, depending on the results of the feedback coll…