CLion 2023.1 EAP3: Fixes for vcpkg and CMake
The new CLion 2023.1 EAP build is available!
CLion 2023.1 Early Access Program is live featuring vcpkg integration, an updated Attach to Process dialog, a new action for adding C++20 modules, support for QML syntax, and the ability to suspend and resume individual threads while debugging.
Today, we’re excited to share that a new CLion 2023.1 EAP build is available.
Build 231.6471.1 is available from our website, via the Toolbox App, or as a snap package (if you are using Ubuntu). Update via patch if you are using the previous EAP build.
Here are the highlights:
- Support for vcpkg received many enhancements and fixes.
- CLion now reloads CMake after installing the missing packages via vcpkg (CPP-31802).
- The Add packages to CMakeLists.txt action after the package installation now suggests copying the code to insert it in your CMake script (CPP-31814). The generated code itself was also improved.
- CLion now preserves the selected CMake profiles in the vcpkg settings (CPP-31869).
- We introduced several CMake integration updates.
- We fixed the clangd crash which made it impossible to show the inlay hints for
The full release notes are here.
Your CLion team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
CLion 2024.1 EAP 3: Assembly View Enhancements
Today, the CLion 2024.1 EAP 3 build (241.12662.59) is available from our website, via the Toolbox App, or as a snap package if you’re using Ubuntu. Here are the main improvements: Assembly view improvements: The Assembly view for ARM targets is now shown correctly (CPP-36901). Assembly vi…
CLion 2024.1 EAP 2: Improved Terminal and Other UX Enhancements
Some time ago, we shared our plans and directions. Just a couple of weeks ago, we kicked off our CLion 2024.1 EAP with CMake coding assistance, code analysis in device tree files, and forked processes debugging. Today, the CLion 2024.1 EAP 2 build (241.11761.23) is available from our website, via…
CLion Nova: AI Assistant and Enhancements From CLion Classic and ReSharper v2024.1
CLion Nova is a free preview of CLion equipped with the ReSharper C++/Rider C++ language engine. With this update, CLion Nova has finally moved to the 2024.1 branch. This means that all of the enhancements brought by the CLion Classic 2024.1 EAP are now available in CLion Nova: CMake writing ass…