EduTools Plugin v.3.9 Released!
The 2020.2 release season for IntelliJ-based IDEs has already started, and we’re happy to announce that we’ve just released version 3.9 of the EduTools plugin, with support for the 2020.2 IDE releases. The 2020.2 versions of IntelliJ IDEA Edu and PyCharm Edu are also available. They combine the latest fixes for PyСharm and IntelliJ IDEA with the latest EduTools plugin updates from v3.9, such as support for Scala projects from JetBrains Academy, the possibility to embed YouTube videos in task descriptions, and more.
YouTube videos in task descriptions
Course creators can now embed YouTube videos in the Task Description window, where learners can watch them without leaving the IDE:
Improvements and various changes
- The EduTools plugin now uses dynamic loading and does not require you to restart the IDE after installation.
- The default Rust course template now takes advantage of Cargo workspaces that speed up both the creation of new Rust tasks and the process of importing new Rust courses into the IDE.
- Codeforces content is now automatically updated in the IDE after it is updated on the Codeforces website.
- The IntelliJ platform has migrated from JavaFX to JCEF (Chromium Embedded Framework), and the Task Description window is now rendered using JCEF in the 2020.2 versions of IntelliJ-based IDEs.
- We’ve added IDE support for Scala projects from JetBrains Academy. Stay tuned for the Scala projects release announcements!
For the full list of features, improvements, and bug fixes please see the release notes. To download the latest versions of IntelliJ IDEA Edu and PyCharm Edu, please visit our website, use the Toolbox App, or use a snap package (for Ubuntu).
Please let us know what you think! We really appreciate your feedback, and we encourage you to continue to share your thoughts and suggestions with us. You can reach us on Twitter, through our issue tracker, or here in the comments!
Your Educational Products team.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!