JetBrains Academy: New Projects and Topics in January
The start of a new year is always a good reason to start learning something new, especially when you can do it in an interactive and fun way! In January, we created 10 new projects that will teach you programming while helping the local zoo look after its denizens (Zookeeper, Java), playing games with a chat bot (Simple Chatty Bot, Frontend), and more! Let’s look at the updates:
- Java: Zookeeper (Beta)
- Swing: Desktop Connect Four (Beta), Sharp Shooter (Beta)
- Spring: HyperDarts (Beta)
🆕 Topic: IdentityHashMap
🆕 Projects: Simple Currency Converter (Beta), Simple Chatty Bot (Beta), Coffee Machine (Beta), Zookeeper (Beta)
🆕 Project: Meal Planner (Beta)
- Concurrency and parallelism: Monitor and Thread synchronization, Thread synchronization
- Kotlin backend: Kotlin for backend introduction, Ktor setting-up first app, Ktor plugins system
🆕 Topic: Intro to templates and rendering
- Databases and SQL: Introduction to PostgreSQL
- Dev tools: Makefiles
- Essentials: Adapter pattern, Structural design patterns, Bridge pattern, SQL injections, Computer Memory
Note that projects marked as Beta are still in the early stages of testing. In order to see Beta projects on the platform, you need to have the Beta tester feature enabled in your profile settings.
Your JetBrains Academy team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
JetBrains Academy’s New Projects and Topics: September Update
The latest content update, featuring four new projects and more than 90 new topics to learn.
JetBrains Academy’s New Projects and Topics: August Update
Register For the School on the Practice and Theory of Distributed Computing
Join us for four days of hands-on computer science education with industry experts in a sunny paradise.