JetBrains Academy: New Projects and Topics in March
If you are learning Go, we have good news for you! In March, we created 2 brand-new Go projects: In-Memory Notepad and Duplicate File Handler (Beta). We also released the Magic Form (Beta) project for frontend development learners and Tasklist (Beta) for Kotlin learners. In addition, we published over 30 new educational topics.
🆕 Topic: Intro to plotly
🆕 Project: Magic Form (Beta). Medium.
Most professional sites have an online form to fill out — whether for registering, ordering food, or making payments. But sometimes if you accidentally reload a page with a form, you can lose all the data. In this project, you’ll create a form that will retain the data when the page closes unexpectedly.
🆕 Project: Tasklist (Beta). Hard.
It’s always good to have a reminder of important tasks. It may be simple paper notes or a sophisticated app. In this project, you will create a text-based program that shows tasks, deadlines, and priorities.
- Additional instruments: Structured concurrency and cancellation, Shared data, Image transformations, Pixels transformation
- Android: RecyclerView
🆕 Project: In-Memory Notepad. Medium.
Every day we face a shower of information that pours upon us from all quarters. It’s easy to forget the most important things in that flow. In this project, you’ll create a simple in-memory database that supports CRUD (create, read, update, and delete) operations and helps you structure your data.
🆕 Project: Duplicate File Handler (Beta). Challenging.
Duplicate file handler is a useful tool that can free some space on your drive. In this project, you will write a handler that checks and compares files in a folder, displays the result, and removes duplicates.
- Object-oriented programming: Interfaces
- Types and data structures: String search, Type conversion and overflow
- Working with data: Advanced input, Getting file attributes, Working with file paths
- Algorithms and structures: Damerau–Levenshtein distance, Run length encoding
- Databases and SQL: Limit and offset, Row-oriented databases, Create operations, Creating a database in MongoDB
- Essentials: Decorator pattern
- Dev tools: Arithmetic operations
Note that projects marked as Beta are still in the early stages of testing. In order to see Beta projects on the platform, you need to have the Beta tester feature enabled in your profile settings.
Your JetBrains Academy team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
JetBrains Academy’s New Projects and Topics: September Update
The latest content update, featuring four new projects and more than 90 new topics to learn.
JetBrains Academy’s New Projects and Topics: August Update
Register For the School on the Practice and Theory of Distributed Computing
Join us for four days of hands-on computer science education with industry experts in a sunny paradise.