JetBrains Academy: New Projects and Topics in April
We’ve also published several new Python and Kotlin projects and added more than 40 new educational topics for you to study.
Let’s look at these updates in more detail.
- Spring Boot: Scopes of beans, Cascade operations
- Working with data: java.util.Arrays
- Runtime analyzer tools: Thread dump basics
- Behavioral patterns: State
🆕 Flask project: Regex Tester (Beta). Hard.
In this project, you will create a tool for testing regular expressions that can store the history of tests. You’ll learn how to work with Flask models, templates, and the
🆕 Django project: ToDo API (Beta). Challenging.
Develop a ToDo app to help you keep track of the task on your plate for the next day, week, or more. Your app will include CRUD functionality, meaning it can be run in your browser, and it will allow multiple users to register, log in, and create their own to-do lists.
🆕 NLP project: Simple Text Summarization (Beta). Challenging
There is much more information around us these days than we can possibly consume. This is where text summarization techniques can help. In this project, you will develop an app that extracts the most important sentences from a given text to help us all cope with the insane volumes of Web content we’re faced with every day.
- Django: Django ORM vs raw SQL
- Data science: Levenshtein distance
🆕 Frontend project: First Landing. Hard.
When a company releases a new offer, it often comes with a dedicated web page to promote it, also known as a landing page. In this project, you will create a landing page for a cool new product. Which product will it be? You decide!
- HTML: <abbr>, <address> and <bdo> tags, HTML Quotations, Rows, cells, captions
- CSS: Links, BEM, What is cascading?
Additionally, the Magic Form project was released from Beta.
🆕 Android project: Photo Editor (Beta). Hard.
Many of us have tried editing photos and pictures in one editor app or another. How would you like to create one yourself? In this project, build a simple photo editor that lets you pick any photo from your Android device, apply basic filters, and save the result.
🆕 Kotlin project: File Type Analyzer (Beta). Challenging.
Files come in all kinds of formats. Even if someone has tampered with the original file type, the file itself still has information about what kind of content it contains. In this project, you will write a tool that will extract this information from various files. You’ll learn about multithreading and master the Knuth-Morris-Pratt algorithm, a must-know for every developer.
- Android: Customizing RecyclerView
- Kotlin: Kotlinx datetime library, Local date and time
- Ktor: Ktor application architecture, Ktor configuration, Requests handling, Locations, Static content, Status pages
Additionally, the Tasklist project was released from Beta.
- Working with data: Working with JSON, Serializing structured JSON, Hashing strings and files
- Packages and modules: Working with time
🆕 Topics: Implicit parameters, Exceptions
🆕 Topics: Introduction to groups, Numerical optimization methods, Introduction to statistical hypothesis testing
- Algorithms and structures: Edit distance, Pseudocode basics
- Databases and SQL: Read Operations
- Essentials: Facade pattern, Semantic versioning, Date and time standards
- JVM: Heap
- Dev tools: Introduction to Chrome DevTools, Best practices for bash scripts, SSH, GoLand, Debugging Python applications in PyCharm, Running Python applications in PyCharm
Note that projects marked as Beta are still in the early stages of testing. If you’re interested in checking out Beta projects on the platform, make sure to have the Beta tester feature enabled in your profile settings.
If you have any questions or if you would like to share your feedback, feel free to leave a comment below, contact us at email@example.com, or share a post on Twitter, Facebook, or Reddit.
Your JetBrains Academy team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!