JetBrains Academy Plugin 2023.2 Is Available
Today’s update brings an exciting change to the EduTools plugin. It has a new name – the JetBrains Academy plugin! This change reflects our new vision for the educational products and initiatives at JetBrains. Rest assured, all of the features and functionality that you’ve come to rely on are still present and have been improved in this release.
For this update, we’ve focused primarily on improving the plugin’s overall functionality by fixing bugs. Additionally, we’ve implemented a new feature for the course creators that enables learners to view the full text in the Answer Placeholder window without any limitations.
To check out the improvements, install the JetBrains Academy plugin or update to the latest version from Settings/Preferences | Plugins in your JetBrains IDE.
Add an extended text block to the Answer Placeholder window
We’ve added a vertical scroll bar to the Answer Placeholder window, allowing users to see the full text without limitations. Answer Placeholder is a feature that shows students exactly where to write the code. As a course creator, the updated scroll bar allows you to provide more detailed feedback to the learners when creating code exercises.
To create a placeholder, simply select a code fragment you want learners to fill in, invoke the Add Answer Placeholder command from the context menu, and add the placeholder text.
Notable improvements and bug fixes:
- EDU-5544: Python courses are now open in PyCharm as expected. The plugin automatically creates a virtual environment and installs Python dependencies without any issues.
- EDU-5542: We’ve fixed the issue that was causing the appearance of an unexpected Trust and Open Project window when opening the AMazing course.
- EDU-5524: The output tab in the Check details tool window has been renamed to Feedback.
- EDU-5584: The time it takes to check code tasks on Hyperskill has been reduced.
- EDU-5221: When unpacking archives with multiple SDK versions, the plugin will now use the same versions as in the creator’s project.
For the full list of issues addressed in the JetBrains Academy plugin 2023.2, see our issue tracker.
The JetBrains Academy team
Subscribe to Blog updates
JetBrains Academy: Looking Back at 2023
Explore the achievements that made us the most proud in 2023!
JetBrains Academy Plugin 2023.8 Is Available
This release comes packed with features, including solving Scala tasks in the IDE, dynamic task naming in course creation.
JetBrains Academy Plugin 2023.7 Is Available
Check out all the upgrades, including enhanced Solve in IDE and Matching and Sorting tasks functionalities.