Introducing the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Bachelor’s Program With Neapolis University Pafos
Together with Neapolis University Pafos (NUP), our partner university in Cyprus, we are announcing the launch of the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence bachelor’s program.
NUP is a leading private university in Cyprus that was established in 2010. It reflects our core values, particularly in providing high-quality higher education, generating innovative applied knowledge, and serving as a hub for primary research activity through its Scientific Centers and Laboratories.
This is a unique chance to acquire skills you can apply in your future career by learning from the best. The program is headed by a team of prominent industry experts, computer scientists, and world champions in competitive programming.
Please note that the program is still in the process of accreditation.
About the program
This undergraduate program focuses on Information Technology, Robotics, Machine Learning, and Theoretical Computer Science. Designed to empower students with a solid foundation in computer science, mathematics, and modern IT, our program equips you with the practical skills needed to excel in today’s competitive tech landscape.
Students who graduated from bachelor’s and master’s degree programs developed in collaboration with JetBrains work at top IT companies like Google, Meta, and JetBrains, as well as continue their studies at Ph.D. programs at top-notch universities like NYU, Princeton University, and UCSD.
The program will develop your ability to:
- Comprehensively explain the fundamentals of mathematics and computer science, which form the basis of modern software, artificial intelligence, and robotics.
- Design innovative hardware architectures for next-generation processors, computers, and sensors by applying processor design methods and tools.
- Create general and special-purpose operating systems, along with performance analysis tools.
- Develop optimal high-load services and distributed systems for maximum efficiency.
- Construct programming languages, compilers, interpreters, virtual machines, and frameworks to facilitate software development.
- Apply artificial intelligence techniques to enhance search engines, social networks, and intelligent assistants.
- Use robotics in autonomous robots, the Internet of Things, and other applications.
- Implement machine learning and deep learning algorithms across various domains, such as computer vision, natural language processing, reinforcement learning, and recommendation systems.
- Establish and manage IT businesses, fostering effective team collaboration, process management, and customer and partner relations.
What background is expected
We expect all applicants to have a strong background in high school mathematics and know the basics of at least one programming language. We encourage you to check your background using this automatically graded test. It contains nine problems, and you will be asked to work on them for 2 hours in a row.
If you are only able to solve a maximum of 4 problems, it may be challenging for you to pursue studies in the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence program. If you can solve at least 6 problems, then the program is a perfect match for you.
How to apply
You can apply for the upcoming 2023 program or send your application for the 2024 program. The classes for this year’s program commence on October 1, 2023.
- To indicate your interest in the program, please complete the Google form. We will then send you the application form, the list of required documents, and further instructions. The sooner you begin, the more time you’ll have to prepare your application documents. The deadline for applications is June 15, 2023.
- Once we’ve reviewed your application, we’ll send an interview invitation to your email address. Based on the interview results, we expect up to 40 students to be accepted into the program.
Financing and scholarship
The interview process comprises solving mathematical problems and engaging in a conversation with our team. If you’re successful, the company will cover the tuition fee, accommodation, and provide a monthly stipend of €300 for 15 selected applicants in the form of a grant.
We believe that education is a significant investment in your future, and we work hard to make it an affordable reality for students from all over the world. If you do not receive a fully-funded scholarship, the tuition fee will amount to €6,000 per year. Accommodation fees vary based on the type chosen, ranging from €2,000 to €6,000 per year. The fee remains fixed for the academic year.
We’ll be doing a livestream to answer any extra questions you have about the program. We’ll end it with a Q&A session, so stay tuned for more details. Alternatively, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Meet our professors
We are pleased to introduce you to a team of seasoned professors with over 10 years of expertise in Computer Science research and education.
Language of studies: English
Program duration: 4 years, full-time
Place: Neapolis University Paphos, Cyprus
Tuition fee: €6,000 per year.
Number of students: 40
Number of grants: 15
- October 1, 2023: Classes commence.
- June 15, 2023: Application deadline.
Our team has thoughtfully designed the program to ensure that you not only acquire the necessary skills but also enjoy your studies. We wish you the best of luck in getting into the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence program! Meanwhile, we are working to establish additional collaborative initiatives with our partner universities. Stay tuned for more of these announcements on Twitter and Facebook.
Your JetBrains Academy team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!