JetBrains Academy’s New Projects and Topics: October Update
This October, JetBrains Academy invites you to cozy up with a warm cup of coffee or tea as we unveil our latest content updates. We released five new projects and 50 new educational topics. With these new engaging projects, you can study Java, Python, and SQL in an interactive environment of JetBrains Academy. Gain a solid grounding in Java while creating your first project, or refine your Python skills by building a password checker.
Keep reading to find out more.
🆕 Project: My First Project (Beta). Easy.
Perfect for Java beginners, this project is aimed at helping you create a simple tool that will calculate your net income from running a small convenience store.
🆕 Project: Tagger (Beta). Easy.
In this project, you’ll learn about the Git tagging feature, including how to create and delete tags. Git tagging allows you to mark what’s essential in your project’s history. Your task is to create tags to mark important points.
- Java: Graph traversal: DFS vs BFS, Reentrant lock
- Spring Boot: Spring Security exceptions, UserDetails and GrantedAuthority, Testing REST controllers, and Testing Spring Security
Additionally, the Last Pencil project is no longer in Beta.
🆕 SQL project: Electronics Store Customer (Beta). Easy.
As a customer at an electronics store, your goal is to use the store’s interface to find the best devices that fit your needs and budget. Start with basic SQL operations and progress to more complex concepts such as window functions, subqueries, and
🆕 Python Project: Password Checker (Beta). Medium.
In this project, you’ll create a tool that checks how often your commonly used passwords have been compromised. Apart from writing a pretty helpful program, you’ll also learn a lot about APIs, the
hashlib module, the SHA1 algorithm, hashing, the
sys module, and much more.
🆕 SQL project: Payroll Management Database (Beta). Medium.
As organizations grow, managing payroll becomes more complex. With more employees to track and pay across departments and various regulations to comply with, errors and disputes can be costly. This project teaches how to manage a database system to track employee data, calculate pay, and generate reports.
- Python: os and os.path, Introduction to multiprocessing, More built-in exceptions
- Machine learning: Activation functions, Adagrad and RMSProp, Adam, Expectation-maximization algorithm
- NLP: BERTScore
- Django: Caching concepts and Q object
- Flask: Production-ready application
- Kotlin: Base64, Cache, MongoDB, Welcome to Kotlin Core track, and Variance
- Ktor: Ktor Client: Engines
- Android: Navigation graph, Modules, and ConstraintLayout vs RelativeLayout
Additionally, Battleship is now out of Beta.
- TypeScript: Date and Function
- Vue.js: Creating a Vue instance, v-model with custom components, and v-bind
- Node.js: MVC with Node.js, Routing, and Security in the context of Node.js applications
🆕 Topic: Errors
Last month, the Docker project was rated highly by our students for its usefulness, clarity, and fun. Give the newly out-of-Beta Composer a try!
- SQL and Databases: Create function, Cohort analysis: churn and retention by cohorts, and User avatar DWH basics: basics of the architecture of OLAP system
- Essentials: PNG, Common file systems (FAT32, NTFS, EXT4), Process (from birth to the end), and Introduction to professions in IT
Projects marked as Beta are still in testing. If you’re interested in checking out Beta projects on the platform, make sure that you have enabled the Beta-tester feature in your profile settings.
Your JetBrains Academy team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Join Our Livestream to Embark on Your IT Journey With Constructor University and JetBrains!
Constructor University and JetBrains invite you to participate in our livestream, Building Your Future in IT: Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Real Life, taking place on December 14, 5:00 pm (CET.) The event is dedicated to our industry-driven bachelor’s program in Software, Data and Technology (BSc SDT), and it will give you an opportunity to:
JetBrains Academy November Digest
Explore November updates at JetBrains Academy: save up to 30% on courses, discover new projects, unravel pandas, read student success stories, and find where to pursue a practice-oriented computer science degree.
Triumph for Constructor University Teams Trained by JetBrains at NWERC 2023
Teams from the Constructor University in Bremen, trained by JetBrains expert Niyaz Nigmatullin, a software engineer at JetBrains' Applied Program Analysis Lab and ICPC World Champion in 2012 and 2013, showcased their exceptional programming skills at the Northwestern European Regional Contest (NWERC) 2023.