Fleet 1.15 Is Here: Git Integration Improvements, Quick Evaluation of Expressions, Bundled Tailwind Support, Formatting the File on Save, and More.
We continue improving Fleet, and the third update this year is now available for download. Here’s a list of some of the most significant enhancements below:
- A quick evaluation of expressions similar to IntelliJ IDEA was added to Fleet. Now you can point at an expression in the code to evaluate it.
- Opening files directly from the macOS Finder was fixed. Now it shouldn’t be a problem.
- We worked on Rust support improvements in Fleet 1.15; in particular, we fixed infinite analyzing and resolved the issue with garbled text in the documentation popup.
- ToDo highlighting was added, making it much harder to miss them.
- Quotes and parentheses in JSX are now autoclosed. As a result, working with the extension should be a smoother process.
- HTML syntax highlighting now works inside PHP files.
- The Tailwind CSS language server was bundled, so there is no need to install it separately.
- The Keymap search was improved, and the result no longer excludes action names.
- Several updates to the Git integration were delivered. This includes the highly anticipated option to group by directory as well as the option to revert from the Git section of the Files tool context menu.
- Values from debugger variables can now be copied for any purpose.
- The parameter to set the font weight was added to Fleet, which can now be customized depending on your preferences and monitor characteristics.
- And some more news about fonts! Stylistic Sets and other OpenType features are now available for the JetBrains Mono font. By adding them, you can tune the font according to your needs. Please find the complete list and instructions on enabling OpenType features here.
- Working with symbolic links in Fleet has been significantly improved. Now the Git status is correctly shown for files in symlinked directories on both Windows and Linux. Refactorings for these directories (including cross-file usages) now display correctly on Windows, but Linux is still a work in progress.
- Formatting the file on save was added to Fleet. The IntelliJ IDEA formatter is run automatically upon file saving.
These are the most important updates for Fleet 1.15. See the full release notes for the complete list of improvements and more details about all of the latest updates.
Please report any issues to our issue tracker, and stay tuned for the upcoming announcements.
To download the update, check your Toolbox App and install version 1.15.
PS. Plugins support and plugins API is a work in progress.
Join the JetBrains Tech Insights Lab to participate in surveys, interviews, and UX studies. Help us make JetBrains Fleet better!
Subscribe to Blog updates
Fleet 1.30 is Out With Indent Guides, Support for Mocha Tests, Improved Quick-Fixes, and Other Enhancements
Fleet 1.30 is now available! Explore our latest release, which introduces many new features to improve your development experience. You can update to this latest version using the Toolbox App. Let’s take a closer look at the highlights of this update. New features We’ve added the option to Show…
Fleet 1.29 is Here With Support for Replacing Groups With Regex, Inline Variable Refactoring, and Other Updates
We’re excited to bring you the first Fleet release of 2024, which introduces several new features and improvements. You can update to this latest version using the Toolbox App. New features Now, you can effortlessly create new temporary files directly from pre-selected code fragments, streaml…
Fleet 1.28 Is Now Available With AI Assistant, Improvements to the Run and Debug Tool, and Other Updates
Coding with Fleet just got faster with generative AI Today we announced JetBrains AI Assistant, which brings powerful new features including AI chat, AI-based refactoring and code completion, and the ability to generate documentation and commit messages. These new capabilities are available in the…
Fleet 1.27 Is Here With Emmet Support in PHP, a Compare With Clipboard Action, the Global Status Bar, New WSL Networking Mode Support, and More.
Fleet 1.27 has arrived! Check out our latest release, loaded with new features to make your development experience even better. Let's take a closer look at the highlights of this update. New features Now you can use Fleet to seamlessly compare two files, one in your editor and one in your clipb…