Hub 2.0 Roadmap
Since we released Hub 1.0 last August, we’ve been working on introducing more cool features to it. Today we’re excited to reveal our plans for version 2.0, planned for Q1 2016. We’ve divided our list of features into the following groups:
- Required features – we won’t release the next version without all these features done.
- Wanted features – the features we really want to include to the next version. However, we won’t postpone the release to include them.
- Nice-to-have features – these are really optional. If we don’t manage to implement them, they’ll just have to wait until the version after next.
- Backup functionality JPS-3052.
- Dashboard sharing DSH-48. You will be able create as many Dashboards as you want and share them with your team or any other users/groups. You may allow this group to update your dashboard or just share it for watching. Of course, you can view shared dashboards by your teammates.
3. SAML support JPS-2395. This feature will make Hub a SAML 2.0 IdP (Identity Provider). Hub will be usable for authorization to external services, Zendesk, for example.
4. Per-user service licenses JPS-2997. Hub will explicitly connect a user with a license to an appropriate service. License will no longer be calculated from the service-permission scheme. This feature helps avoid issues when connecting YouTrack and Upsource with different licenses to Hub, for example a YouTrack 100-user license and an Upsource 10-user license.
- LDAP support improvements JPS-2290.
- Enable users to add authorization details on their profile page JPS-942.
Nice to Have Features
- Release Hub as OAuth2 provider JPS-3030.
- Clone Hub project JPS-2135.
- More Authentication Providers Support:
We want your feedback on this roadmap as soon as possible, so please leave your comments below and share your thoughts. We’re planning to open the Hub 2.0 EAP program within the next month. Follow us on Twitter to always get the latest news.
JetBrains Hub Team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Hub update regarding Log4j2 vulnerability
Update from December 21, 2021, 23:00 (GMT +0). To the best of our knowledge, the newly discovered CVE-2021-45105 does not affect YouTrack or Hub. To address another vulnerability, CVE-2021-45046, we released YouTrack 2021.4.36179 and Hub 2021.1.14108 on December 16, 2021. Please download and in…
Hub Now With Customizable User Profiles
Hub 2021.1 is starting this year off with a new customization feature, which allows users to add custom fields to user profiles. It also adds a set of authentication enhancements, like the ability to specify multiple domains that you can use to log in with Google authentication and PKCE (proof key f…
Hub Adds Organizations
You can read this blog post in other languages: Hub 2020.1 introduces Organizations, an ability to suggest community translations in-context – right from the user interface, and Swagger support. Please read ahead to learn more. (more…)…