Hub 3.0 Roadmap
Since we released Hub 2.0 a few months ago, the team has been busy delivering updates for the current version. Today we are excited to share the roadmap for Hub 3.0, the upcoming version of Hub. Please note that this is just an approximate plan and subject to change.
As usual, we’ve divided the list of features into several groups:
- Required features – we won’t release the next version until all these features are done.
- Wanted features – the list of features that we want to include in Hub 3.0.
- Nice-to-have features – optional features that would be great to have in the next version but not guaranteed.
- Go to action JPS-3215.
This cool feature will allow you to get directly to various categories and substances in Hub, which is much more convenient than the typical navigation between the tabs. The most exciting thing about it is its fuzzy search. Let’s say you want to find one of your users using this feature. Click the Global Navigation icon in the header or just use the shortcut Cmd+K to open a command window. Start typing the first letters of a username, and Hub will show you a list of matching users to choose from. You don’t even have to use the space button to find what you are looking for.
2. LDAP support improvements JPS-2290:
- Allow LDAP Authentication Via Bind User JPS-2289. For various reasons, some users experience difficulties with LDAP Simple Bind Authentication that we currently support in Hub. LDAP Bind Authentication will allow users to integrate LDAP and Hub database painlessly.
- LDAP hierarchical User Directory support JPS-2892. Users will be able to create different Auth Modules for the different branches of LDAP. It will make it easier for those who have LDAP hierarchical user directory to have a similar structure in Hub.
More LDAP support improvements are also mentioned in the “nice-to-have” list below.
3. Usability Improvements:
- Enable user to add authorization details on his/her profile page JPS-942.
- System Admin role should automatically include all permissions JPS-3638.
4. Support OpenID Connect.
Today Hub supports some OpenID 2.0 providers as Authentication Modules. To make an authentication process faster and more secure for you, we will support OpenID Connect standard and integrate those providers that already support it.
5. Dashboard improvements:
- Add “Preview” mode to Default (Guest) Dashboard for Admin user DSH-582.
- Make the Dashboard a default landing page JPS-3927.
- Add “Create an issue” widget on Dashboard DSH-588.
Along with these features we want to make some header changes to make it easier for YouTrack and Upsource users to use Hub: move all user pages to the top and all the admin pages under the settings.
- Continuous synchronization with LDAP JPS-228. This feature will provide real-time synchronization with LDAP.
1. LDAP support improvements:
- Support for LDAP Group JPS-2212.
- Password synchronization with LDAP JPS-2891.
- Possibility to select avatar from Active Directory JPS-2894.
2. Add a project to your favorites JPS-3067.
3. Clone an existing project in Hub JPS-2135.
4. Implement comparison for various categories and substances JPS-2122.
5. Make Hub an external auth server for third party services JPS-3030.
6. Usability Improvements:
- Auto-save function on the pages of editing JPS-3852.
Implement user profile card as a widget JPS-3962. Users will be able to view cards that display user details that are stored in the Hub user profile. These cards will be displayed as pop-ups when you move the pointer over links that reference Hub user accounts.
We will be very happy to hear your feedback on this roadmap. You can also vote for features and issues on YouTrack, as well as submit new feature requests. Follow us on Twitter to always get the latest news.