Maia Goes Public Beta
It finally happened! IntelliJ IDEA 9 is now publicly available in its official Beta state.
In this release you will find almost everything we have prepared for IntelliJ IDEA 9:
- Faster environment with background-enabled indexes
- Improved code understanding, including dead code detection and extended folding options
- Cleaner and more productive coding thanks to improved completion, intention actions, and more efficient UI
- Full Java EE 6 support plus GlassFish 3, EJB 3.1, JPA 2.0, Servlet 3.0, JSF 2.0
- Language polyglot arsenal extended with PHP, Scala and La Clojure, and improved Groovy
- New Web frameworks support: Tapestry, GAE, GWT 1.7 and Spring 3.0 with Spring Security
- OSGi Application Development
- Enhanced Maven support
- Android development facilities,
- Better Flex Development, and more.
You can read more about improvements, get the fresh release, try it all for yourself, and submit your feedback via YouTrack, our brand-new issue tracker: http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issues/IDEA
Also, don’t forget that our Free Upgrade Program is still effective and you can buy IntelliJ IDEA 9 even before it’s out!
Develop with Pleasure!