Maia Goes Public Beta
It finally happened! IntelliJ IDEA 9 is now publicly available in its official Beta state.
In this release you will find almost everything we have prepared for IntelliJ IDEA 9:
- Faster environment with background-enabled indexes
- Improved code understanding, including dead code detection and extended folding options
- Cleaner and more productive coding thanks to improved completion, intention actions, and more efficient UI
- Full Java EE 6 support plus GlassFish 3, EJB 3.1, JPA 2.0, Servlet 3.0, JSF 2.0
- Language polyglot arsenal extended with PHP, Scala and La Clojure, and improved Groovy
- New Web frameworks support: Tapestry, GAE, GWT 1.7 and Spring 3.0 with Spring Security
- OSGi Application Development
- Enhanced Maven support
- Android development facilities,
- Better Flex Development, and more.
You can read more about improvements, get the fresh release, try it all for yourself, and submit your feedback via YouTrack, our brand-new issue tracker: http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issues/IDEA
Also, don’t forget that our Free Upgrade Program is still effective and you can buy IntelliJ IDEA 9 even before it’s out!
Develop with Pleasure!
Subscribe to Blog updates
IntelliJ IDEA 2024.1 EAP 7: Full Line Code Completion, Support for OpenRewrite, and MoreEarly Access Program
IntelliJ IDEA 2024.1 EAP 7 is now available, providing a sneak peek into some exciting new features planned for the next major release. Notable updates include full line code completion, new Java inspections, and support for OpenRewrite and WireMock. Additionally, this new build introduces enhanceme…
IntelliJ IDEA 2024.1 EAP 6: Improved Workflow for Logs, Inline Breakpoints, In-Editor Code Review, and MoreEarly Access Program
IntelliJ IDEA 2024.1 EAP 6 is here! This new build is packed with a bunch of updates anticipated for the next major release. Highlights include an enhanced user experience with logs, advanced debugging capabilities, and improved integration with version control systems. You can download the new v…
IntelliJ IDEA 2024.1 EAP 5: Enhanced Support for GitHub Actions, Updates for the HTTP Client, and MoreEarly Access Program
Packed with numerous new features and enhancements, IntelliJ IDEA 2024.1 EAP 5 brings extended support for GitHub Actions, improved integration with popular frameworks such as Spring and Quarkus, updates to the HTTP Client, and much more.
IntelliJ IDEA 2024.1 EAP 4: Sticky Lines, Improved Startup Experience, and MoreEarly Access Program
The Early Access Program for IntelliJ IDEA 2024.1 continues with our latest build where you can preview new features, including convenient sticky lines in the editor, faster access to IDE functionality while indexing, and more. You can download the new version from our website, update directly fr…