IntelliJ IDEA 9 Released, Includes Free Edition
IntelliJ IDEA 9 is finally out, bringing you lots of goodies across the board!
If you haven’t followed the EAP (Early Access Program) or missed the Beta release, here is a quick summary of the key new features and improvements in this release:
- Two editions: Community Edition, free and open-source, and Ultimate Edition, encompassing 100% of the famous IntelliJ IDEA functionality
- Much faster environment, with background indexing on startup
- Extensive Java EE 6 support
- Many productivity features in core Java functionality
- Best-of-breed PHP support, with dedicated debugger, PHPUnit, etc.
- Visual editor for defining the structure of project deliverables (.war, .ear archives, etc.)
- AIR support, ActionScript refactorings, and other Flex support improvements
- And lots more!
Buy or upgrade to IntelliJ IDEA 9 right now.
Oh, and did you happen to buy your IntelliJ IDEA 8 license on or after October 1, 2009? If so, download v9 and upgrade right now — for free!
Start enjoying this latest and greatest IntelliJ IDEA every day — like we do!
— IntelliJ IDEA Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
JPA and React Plugins: From Buddies To Full Members of The JetBrains Family
We are excited to announce that JPA Buddy and React Buddy have joined the JetBrains family. Positioned as powerful plugins for working with JPA data and React applications, respectively, they will offer even more functionality for IntelliJ IDEA and WebStorm developers moving forward. With this ac…
Java Annotated Monthly – September 2023
The September edition of Java Annotated Monthly is here! With this month’s release of Java 21 approaching, we're excited to bring you a final sneak peek into its crucial features. But that's not all! This edition is packed with helpful articles about cutting-edge AI technologies, including update…
Java Annotated Monthly – August 2023
The August edition of Java Annotated Monthly is here! As usual, we’ve selected a collection of fascinating articles covering the latest Java-related news, tech updates, AI and machine learning innovations, and more. We're thrilled to share the exciting news of the recent release of IntelliJ IDEA 202…