IntelliJ IDEA 9 is finally out, bringing you lots of goodies across the board!
If you haven’t followed the EAP (Early Access Program) or missed the Beta release, here is a quick summary of the key new features and improvements in this release:
- Two editions: Community Edition, free and open-source, and Ultimate Edition, encompassing 100% of the famous IntelliJ IDEA functionality
- Much faster environment, with background indexing on startup
- Extensive Java EE 6 support
- Many productivity features in core Java functionality
- Best-of-breed PHP support, with dedicated debugger, PHPUnit, etc.
- Visual editor for defining the structure of project deliverables (.war, .ear archives, etc.)
- AIR support, ActionScript refactorings, and other Flex support improvements
- And lots more!
Buy or upgrade to IntelliJ IDEA 9 right now.
Oh, and did you happen to buy your IntelliJ IDEA 8 license on or after October 1, 2009? If so, download v9 and upgrade right now — for free!
Start enjoying this latest and greatest IntelliJ IDEA every day — like we do!
— IntelliJ IDEA Team