IntelliJ IDEA 11.1 EAP begins
We’re happy to announce the beginning of the Early Access Preview program for the next feature update of IntelliJ IDEA, version 11.1. This version will be released in a couple of months and will be a free upgrade for existing users of IntelliJ IDEA 11.
A brief list of features already implemented in the new EAP includes:
- Continued work on UI changes (Project View, run/debug toolwindows UI redesigned);
- Subversion 1.7 support (work in progress);
- Performance improvements in Git and Perforce integration;
- New Coverage view;
- New tree-based File Structure Popup;
- Improved popup for controlling Git branches (checkout, compare, delete, multi-root support);
- Highlighting of unused public members in Groovy code;
- Extract Closure refactoring for Groovy;
- New Flex project structure UI (work in progress);
- Spring support improvements;
- Gradle project synchronization support (work in progress);
- Android lint tool integration;
- Magic Constant inspection and code completion;
- Possibility to run JUnit or TestNG tests for any selection of classes or methods
In the coming weeks we plan to publish blog posts describing each of the new features in more detail. And for the time being, you can download IntelliJ IDEA 11.1 EAP try them out for yourself.
As always, your feedback is welcome in the issue tracker.
Note that this EAP cycle does not include 30-day time-limited licenses in each build. In order to use these builds, you need to have a valid license for IntelliJ IDEA 11.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 EAP Is Open!
The IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Early Access Program kicks off today! Read this blog post to explore the new features you can test in the first EAP build.
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2 Release Candidate Is Out
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2 Release Candidate is now available! You can get the latest build from our website, through the free Toolbox App, or via snaps for Ubuntu. To use this build, you need to have an active subscription to IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate. Please note that AI Assistant, which was p…
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2 Goes Beta!
The Beta version of IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2 is now available! You can get the latest build from our website, through the free Toolbox App, or via snaps for Ubuntu. This build comes with all of the notable changes that were introduced throughout the Early Access Program and covered in our previou…
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2 EAP 7: LSP API Support, Redoc UI Previews, gRPC Requests via TLS, and GraphQL and WebSocket in the HTTP Client CLIEarly Access Program
The release of IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2 is quickly approaching, but we still have some new features for you to try during the ongoing Early Access Program.IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2 EAP 7 introduces a bunch of noteworthy improvements, including LSP support for plugin developers, Redoc UI previews for OpenAPI …