IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP 122.694 with New Compiler Mode

Posted on by Andrey Cheptsov

Today we released IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP 122.694 with new bugfixes and some notable features.

The major changes in the release include:

• New Compiler Mode is now enabled by default (with support for artifacts, GWT and Maven). See details.
  • Initial support for TypeScript (without type checks).
  • Folder structure and advanced drag-n-drop in Run/Debug Configurations dialog.
  • Editing messages for existing commits in Subversion.
  • Filter by dates in GitLog.

The full list of changes can be found in Release Notes.

Please feel free to share your feedback and report bugs in our issue tracker.

Develop with Pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

11 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP 122.694 with New Compiler Mode

1. Brice says:

November 2, 2012

Things are shaping up nicely !

2. Brice says:

November 2, 2012

Eclipse compiler is working well. However I believed this would allow me to run tests or other code on projects with errors even run classes with errors, just as Eclipse can do. But the compiler doesn’t output class files for erroneous source files. So this usage isn’t yet available in this build, anyway I keep my finger crossed for this feature.

Cheers

3. Alexey Danilov says:

November 3, 2012

I second that. Having a compiler that works _exactly_ like the one used in Eclipse would certainly make Idea so much useable for multi-IDE environment team. Please, make this feature one of your top priorities.

4. Владимир says:

November 3, 2012

IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP 122.639 compiles and runs the EAR modules without problems on the JBOSS 4.0

Unfortunately IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP 122.694 compiles the modules that the server can not deploy.

I revert to version 122.639

5. Michal Wroblewski (@wrobel221) says:

November 3, 2012

How does folder structure work in Run/Debug configurations?

6. Rick Reumann says:

November 5, 2012

Trying to upgrade on Mac (from 122.639) I get the following warning:

Is it safe to ignore this? (Been upgrading the EAP for a while now and this is the first time this warning has occurred)

7. Roger says:

November 6, 2012

Doesn’t compile aidl files which have no content

8. JB says:

November 6, 2012

Multi-project JDK from maven pom.xml is no more working on this version.

9. Nikolay Chashnikov says:

November 6, 2012

Владимир,
    looks like it is caused by http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-94065. It will be fixed in the next build.

10. alfasin says:

November 6, 2012

Just wanted to jump and say hello.
    I wrote a post about how intelliJ is such a great product – you’re all welcome to pay a visit and email me if you have any comments:

have a great day!

11. Vic says:

November 7, 2012

How would I try typescript?