IntelliJ IDEA 11.1.5 Update is Available

Posted on by Andrey Cheptsov

Great news for those, who still haven’t updated to IntelliJ IDEA 12. Today we have released IntelliJ IDEA 11.1.5, the final update with enhancements and bugfixes for IntelliJ IDEA 11.

The major changes in the release include:

The full list of changes may be found in Release Notes.

If you are running IntelliJ IDEA 11, use Check for Update action from the IDE to download and install the patch.

Develop with Pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

12 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 11.1.5 Update is Available

1. Claudio says:

December 19, 2012

update for mac osx fails, Failed to download patch file: http://download-ln.jetbrains.com/idea/IU-117.963-117.1037-patch-mac.jar

and opens http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/

2. Mickaël says:

December 19, 2012

I end up with the same problem as Claudio on Mac OSX.

3. Samuele Veneruso says:

December 19, 2012

I have the same problem as Claudio

4. Maxim Mosienko says:

December 19, 2012

To All, intentionally there is no patch available for Mac users.

5. Wojciech Górski says:

December 20, 2012

So why does the update even show up if it’s not available on Mac?

6. andrew alba says:

December 21, 2012

Does @Maxim comments even make sense? Prompted that there is a new version 11.1.5 and if you look at the download section there is a Mac OS X image:
    http://download.jetbrains.com/idea/ideaIU-11.1.5.dmg. So the 11.1.5.dmg is same as 11.1.4.dmg? They are not even the same size.

7. yole says:

December 22, 2012

Andrew,
    The new version _is_ available on the Mac, but the patch-based upgrade from within the IDE is not available. You need to download the complete 11.1.5 installer.

8. Wade C says:

December 22, 2012

If the patch is “intentionally” not made available for OSX, why not make a patch that will in turn download the full installer, or at least pop up a message to the user?

Is it better to let your Mac users continue to get the “Failed to download patch file” errors, until they manage to stumble on this page?

9. set321go says:

December 25, 2012

I have created an issue, the prompt is incorrect if there is no auto upgrade for mac

10. Andrew E says:

January 15, 2013

To add my experience, I waited to get 11.1.5 for past month or so because I figured the patch download issue would eventually be fixed. Finally google’d and found this page, and read the comments. Maybe an email to your users next time, or at least redirecting to the correct page for the 11.1.5 download? Or indicating there is no OSX patch available on the above blog page, instead of saying use “Check for Update”? Any one of those would work for me.

I completely understand if you can’t provide a patch once in a while, but the user experience in this case was not good.

11. Link says:

February 7, 2013

+1 the horrible user experience for OSX users.

Being redirected to the version 12 download page is a comic waste of time

12. Mike Mainguy says:

July 2, 2013

I agree, I initially assumed that the patch was no longer available and 11.1 was no longer supported, but given my history with jetbrains (totally positive) I didn’t really believe it. Sounds like a little bit of PR would be helpful as this is a great tool and normally the customer service experience has been “over the top” positive from Jetbrains, hey guys, what’s up?