Early Access Program

IntelliJ IDEA 12 RC 2 is Out

Today we have released IntelliJ IDEA 12 RC 2, the next release candidate build, with more bugfixes and improvements.

Check out the full list of changes in Release Notes.

Feel free to share your feedback and submit bugs directly to our tracker. This is the last chance to get it fixed before the release!

Stay tuned for more news in our blog soon.

Develop with Pleasure!
IntelliJ IDEA Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

22 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 12 RC 2 is Out

1. Avatar

Nigel says:

December 3, 2012

This release does not except an Intellij 11 license. There’s no option to evaluate and I can’t seem to buy an upgrade on the site. So to sum it up, I’m screwed it appears.

I’m on Linux with a personal license.

2. Avatar

Rico says:

December 3, 2012

@Nigel
    Deleting the idea11.key from .IntelliJIdea12/config works for me.

3. Avatar

tkgreg says:

December 3, 2012

I got the same problem with license πŸ™

4. Avatar

Nigel says:

December 3, 2012

Thanks Rico but that didn’t work for me as I must have used up my evaluation last year. Resolved the problem by using the technology preview available on the main site.

5. Avatar

tkgreg says:

@Rico it works only for 30 minutes πŸ™

6. Avatar

Jan says:

December 4, 2012

Is the Scala compiler fixed ?

7. Avatar

Stephan says:

December 4, 2012

I have the same license problems. Deleting the IDEA 11 license key does not work. There is no chance for me to start the evaluation πŸ™

8. Avatar

Joachim Van der Auwera says:

December 4, 2012

Grmbl, suffering from this problem too.
    It seems the order processing is slow, I am waiting for the mail with the new license key, but it hasn’t arrived yet. Sitting idle waiting for this (30 minutes and counting).

9. Avatar

Johan says:

December 4, 2012

Meh, had to go and change the file names for the key files wherever possible (~/.IntelliJIdea1*/config/idea*.key) before it worked, for 30 minutes at a time.

Can’t they make it a little while longer for people that already own licenses? πŸ˜›

I tried to upgrade, but that option wasn’t available online…

10. Avatar

Claudiu says:

December 4, 2012

Some thoughts about Darcula…
    How about using italics in static calls?
    The links are hard to read.

11. Avatar

Nikos Tzanos says:

December 4, 2012

I bought my license about 2 months ago. I think it is really stupid to have to buy an upgrade. And not very cost effective either…

12. Avatar

Claudiu says:

December 4, 2012

About the links a have written about earlier, they are not the usual links, but they seem to be somehow related to Atlassian Connector. We used the JIRA issue names as reference in some properties files and they turned into links.

13. Avatar

Pavel says:

December 4, 2012

Hey JetBrains, are you kidding me, 30 Minutes, really?

14. Avatar

Claudiu says:

Switch to task (Alt+Shift+T in Ubuntu) -> Open Task

The text field is partially covered by Create new task.

15. Avatar

David B says:

December 4, 2012

Please can you fix evaluation duration. I am unable to upgrade license online, so stuck with 30 minutes.

16. Avatar

David B says:

December 4, 2012

Ah ha. (Mac OS only) I went to ~/Library/Preferences/IntelliJIdea12/eval – and removed old keys for 6 & 7. Now I’ve got 30 days. Sweet. πŸ™‚

Been running the EAP build – great work.

17. Avatar

David B says:

December 4, 2012

… didn’t work. 😐 It reinstalls “IntelliJIdea12/eval:idea7.evaluation.key” which immediately expires… oh well back to the EAP. πŸ™‚

18. Avatar

Ted says:

December 4, 2012

I love the new splash screen. Is it possible to release wallpapers of the splash screen?

19. Avatar

Stephan says:

@Claudiu:

I already created an issue for this: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-96429

20. Avatar

Jamie Krug says:

December 4, 2012

Same problem: “Enter Key or Evaluate” provided no path to evaluate. I came here and followed the suggestion to delete my ~/.IntelliJIdea12/config/idea11.key file, but that only allows me a 30 minute evaluation. So… after all my EAP feedback, I now can’t evaluate RC2 for more than 30 minutes, and there’s not even a purchase option yet? Am I missing something?

21. Avatar

Bill says:

December 4, 2012

Holy cats, this is an excellent upgrade. The dark theme looks wonderful, refactorings and indexing are super-speedy, and Play Scala support is even included.

Thanks so much!

22. Avatar

Noullet says:

December 4, 2012

The UI is getting better, I like it !

However, what about existing opened issues ? Still facing this one:

Discover more